Ask Experts » Career Guidance » IT jobs »

Is BPS a good career for an IT professional?

Date: 05 Feb 2016    Group: Career Guidance    Category: IT jobs   

I started my career in IT with Unix support profile two years back. Now I am in a new project. Here I need to install a product and configure it for the given environment (Unix, Windows, AIX) and run it in a web application server like Websphere, Glassfish, Jboss with database DB2 or Oracle.

I also need to use build tools like Ant, Maven and scripting will be in Unix, Python, Jython, Rexx, Perl.
Finally, after deploying the applications, if we get any issues when they are running, we need to troubleshoot, analyzing the configuration files alone or environment alone, not the actual product code. However, with a unix support profile, the rest of the above mentioned technologies are new and now I am learning them.

My actual query is I am getting offers from reputed companies like TCS for Unix and PL/SQL support in BPS domain, which I understand is a new term for the BPO domain or like it is in the middle of IT and BPO.

Now I am confused as to taking these opportunities will be a good career choice. And they say I can again come into IT domain from BPS.

Please guide me with choosing my career. Also let me what is the name for my current position which deals with so many technologies, in the market

Unsure whether or not BPS is a good career choice for an IT professional? Expert suggestions and advice is provided to help you take the right decision.

Author: Teerath    20 Feb 2016      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

I can only give suggestion on this. According to me BPS is a good choice for a IT engineer.
Thanks