Ask Experts » Health » Beauty »

How to increase height after age 18?

Date: 05 Feb 2016   Posted By: mayuri jachak     Group: Health    Category: Beauty   

I am 19 years old. My mother is 5'1 and my father is 5'8 and my height is 4'7 approx. Please let me know if there is any chance that my height will increase after age 18?

Eager to increase your height after 18 years of age? Get expert tips right here on what to do to increase one's height after 18.

Author: Subash    11 Feb 2016      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

Height is determined mostly by our genetics. Good nutrition and active sports life in early years will help in this. You can try body stretches and maintain a healthy lifestyle.

Author: [Anonymous]    13 Feb 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

Hi Mayuri,
Yes, you can still get increase in your height.
Our physical characteristics are mostly genetically determined but there are some factors also which affects them.
These includes your hormonal balance, your diet, your body work outs, etc.
You can follow below mentioned points-
1. Start your day with some exercise which supports increase in height.
2. Skipping, swimming, cycling can also be done for this.
3. Some shoes are commercially available which are having some acupuncture points working for height increase.
4. Get your hormone level checked in respect of height.
5. Have proper diet which includes all the required nutrition including protein and vitamins. Pulses and green vegetables and fresh fruits are good.

Author: Mahesh    03 Mar 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Male can increase the height upto the age of 21. In case of female they can increase the height upto age of 19. So you need to work out on some of the exercises and get yourself few inches added to your body. It takes time to gain height, so you have option to use cycling and running and other activities. Gymnastics also helps to gain the height. I suggest you to try some of these options and you can easily manage to keep your height growing.