Ask Experts » Finance and Investments » Banking »

Do I need both ‘bank account’ and ‘debit card’ confirmed on PayPal to receive money into my bank?

Date: 06 Feb 2016    Group: Finance and Investments    Category: Banking   

I have an SBI account along with its SBI Debit Card (VISA) which I want to link with my just created PayPal account.
After facing issues and then some research, I have found that SBI Debit cards cannot be linked with PayPal account. However, I did not get any issues in getting my SBI bank account linked with my PayPal.
I would like to know if I can 'receive' money via PayPal to my linked SBI bank account if 'I do not have a Debit card linked' with my PayPal?
Experts can please guide me on this.

Want to use PayPal account? Searching for information about how to receive money via PayPal to SBI account? Find responses from experts here.

Author: Mahesh    08 Feb 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 2

Debit cards can't be used on the paypal for international money transfer. However you can use the credit cards from any bank for the paypal. So the card that you use on paypal may not be worth anything. As for bank account, that is needed to just get the money into your account.

You have to keep it connected if you are getting money from offshore clients. I don't have debit card or credit card linked to the paypal still I get the money into my bank account using paypal. You don't need any card attached at all in order to use paypal. However you need to give your PAN card, bank account details and ID proof to verify your identity on paypal.

Also do note that if you plan on paying people online using paypal then you need credit card attached to paypal and not the debit card.

Author: [Anonymous]    10 Feb 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

No you didn't need to atach your debit card to your paypal account for recieving money. You only need to attach your bank account and PAN card only. The bank account ia verified by two small transactions by Paypal in your account and then you enter the value of those transactions in verification section of Paypal to verify your bank account. Any money recieved in paypal account is automatically transferred to your bank account within a week if no action taken by user.