Ask Experts » Career Guidance » Finance and Banking Jobs »

Resigned and searching for new job

Date: 06 Feb 2016   Posted By: gurbinderjit     Group: Career Guidance    Category: Finance and Banking Jobs   

I am an MBA in finance with a two year experience in public sector bank in branch banking. I have resigned from the job two years back because of stress and severe health issues. I am better now and I want to pursue my career again but am still clueless about the path I should follow.
I want to pursue courses offered after MBA to make up for the time lost and to get a better profile and pay package? The course may or may not be related with banking.
My experience is in branch banking in a public sector bank and I have a keen interest in statistics and related fields.
My weakness is that I have little knowledge of accounts or other subjects that I have read in MBA.
Awaiting response from experts.

Are you searching for a better job in the banking sector? Check out advice from experts on this page.

Author: [Anonymous]    08 Feb 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

You are following the right direction.
But I would suggest you small change in it.
I know that, you may not get any good jab after 2 years gap, but still try to get some decent job, may be with lower pay scale and then join some part time course related to Finance.

Author: Kailash Kumar    10 Feb 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Continuing studies or pursuing some new course is not a substitute of making efforts for finding a suitable. After certain age one should try his/her best to start earning. Continuing studies has its cost involved. Besides expenditure toward studies the living cost also has to be borne either by the candidate himself or by his/her parents. One should be willing and ready to face challenges also, in case so required by facing the discomfort of living away from the family at a remote place in connection with the job.

Read related posts: Sea