Ask Experts » Lawyers » Indian Law »

How can I recover money from the owner of a company

Date: 06 Feb 2016   Posted By: tanushree mandal     Group: Lawyers    Category: Indian Law   

I worked in an company as an independent contractor few years back. They deducted 25% of the bill amount every month saying they wanted it for the purpose of paying P.F. Now they are not paying me the money that is due on them from the deduction that they made that time. What should I do? I do not have any written contract from them so that I can sue them legally.
Experts: do suggest me how to recover my money as the sum amount is large.

Wondering how to recover money from earlier employer? Find suggestions from experts on this page.

Author: rahul    08 Feb 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 1    Voting Score: 0

Do yo have any payslips on which these deductions are mentioned?

Author: [Anonymous]    08 Feb 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Do you have any proof with you which says about this deduction?
Any agreement copy with full salary and deduction, any pay slip or anything related will work.
You need to arrange above mentioned documents and also enclose you bank statements which shows that they have paid you deducted salary.

Initially submit that application with enclosures them and request to refund the amount.
If they do not, they you may contact a lawyer for the same.

Author: Mahesh    09 Feb 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

You are independent contractor and your PF has nothing to do with them. You don't even have PF number with them if I am not wrong. You being independent contractor this does not apply to you. In such case you have to go to them ask for the clarification. The two best people to ask this is HR and finance person. This way your query is going to be resolved. Do note that there are schemes for such deduction and it applies to regular workers. Not the temp workers or the independent workers. So you should definitely ask for your money back. If this does not work at all, then take the legal route and ask them to legally pay you back.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.