Ask Experts » Government » State Government »

Procedure to open an authorized pollution checking center in Kerala

Date: 08 Feb 2016   Posted By: Owleaf     Group: Government    Category: State Government   

I would like to open an authorized pollution checking center in Kerala. What is the procedure to open the same (Diesel and Petrol vehicles)? Whom do I need to contact for the same? I already own an internet cafe, so is it possible to attach with this service? Currently I am living in a Panchayat in Kottayam District.

Want to set up a center to check pollution in Kottayam, Kerala? Our experts will explain whom to approach and how to apply for starting such a center.

Author: Kailash Kumar    12 Feb 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

The author may consider visiting the nearest office of the Commissioner of Transport. Generally the Commissioner of Transport level of officers are likely to be the competent authority for issue of approval/recognition in respect of pollution checking centers of vehicles as in the case of state of Delhi. The applicants may be required to submit an application in prescribed format together with some prescribed fee, if any, and install the facilities required for the purpose. Most likely final approval/recognition will be issued only after physical inspection/verification of the installed facilities and trial run.