Ask Experts » Opinion About » Cosmetics and beauty products »

Best lip balm and gloss

Date: 09 Feb 2016    Group: Opinion About    Category: Cosmetics and beauty products   

I want to buy a lip balm cum lip gloss that keeps the lips soft and also gives shine with a little bit of colour. I have tried a few lip balms like Elle 18's lip balm but it neither give any colour nor shine. They just cheat people with their false promising products and waste their precious money.

Let me know which one I should buy at a decent price that will fulfil my need and will not fool me.

Looking for good lip balm and gloss which retains its shine and gives some colour to your lips? Expert feedback and reviews are provided below to give you the best options.

Author: Akshaya Acharya    10 Feb 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

I know how it feels to buy so called best cosmetics and not meet your expectations later. I myself keep on experimenting different brands and later get disappointed.

I have never come across lip cosmetics that lasts even half a day leave alone a full day. But from all the company I've personally used, i find lip balms from Lotus lasts longer than most of the products. If you are looking for color, then Maybelline would be my best bet.

I have been using Lotus lip balm for quite some time as they are herbal products and I have found them reliable over the years. You can also try lip balms from Himalaya or Biotique. At present I regularly use Lotus lip balm on daily basis and Maybeline lip gloss for formal occasions.

Author: Vin    13 Feb 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

Himalaya brand is good one which does not cause any irritation and is safe always. Price will be affordable and can buy when it is finish.

Author: [Anonymous]    15 Feb 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

If you really want to use some commercially available Lip balm or gloss, then there are so many herbal products available.
I have some home made solution for your.

Apply milk cream mixed with 2-3 drops of rose water in night before sleeping and leave it for the whole night. This will gives natural shine to your lips.
Your lips will become soft and after regular use for some days, you will net even feel the requirement of applying lip balm.