Ask Experts » Career Guidance » Engineering Jobs »

Need career guidance

Date: 10 Feb 2016    Group: Career Guidance    Category: Engineering Jobs   

I am an IT engineer. I was an average student. I have very good grasping power, analytical skills, imagination and problem solving abilities. I got interested in AutoCAD. CAM. Now I am also preparing for GRE.
Should I opt for Graphics in my further studies or anything else. Awaiting advice from experts.

Confused between job and further studies? On this page, experts shall respond to your query.

Author: Kailash Kumar    10 Feb 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

The author should decide on his own as to in which area, he has interest and is willing to work hard to acquire actual capability. The employers pay salary on the basis to one's capability to deliver results. Any field in which genuine expertise is developed through passion and hard work is good. The employers in general are not much interested in various certificates and degrees/diplomas. The purpose of pursuing GRE by the author is also not clear. A target should preferably set to start earning as soon as possible as pursuing newer courses is not a substitute for starting earning. The additional courses can be continued while working in a suitable assignment based on the available qualifications.

Author: [Anonymous]    10 Feb 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Hi Dear,
When a question comes related to your career and selection of specialization, it is you only who can do the best justification.
You knows your choice, interest and capabilities in real.
On this platform, we can suggest only on the basis of this job opportunities afterwards.
In that regards, yes, you can definitely opt for Graphics in your further studies. This will give you advantage in your current IT field.
That will open door in the world of animation for you which is in high demand now days.

Author: Mahesh    10 Feb 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

The focus should be what job you wish to do. If you are preparing for the GRE then look for the courses that you can apply for your skills. This should give you an insight of what type of job you'd get after finishing the graduation. I have observed that most of the time design jobs are harder to come. So make use of your GRE degree. And try to get into the course flow first and see the companies that you can approach. This should give you an idea of where to take your next career. Most likely campus companies can decide where you'll work in the future.

Author: Sheo Shankar Jha    11 Feb 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

While choosing a career - option, you have to be your own judge since no one else can identify your strength and weakness. The employer would not be interested how you have achieved a particular degree or a certification. So go ahead with your full determination in the field for which you have your inclination.
Since you are revealing that you are having good conceptual ability so you can go in Java/ Oracle certifications. Moreover, these areas will offer you jobs in which you will get satisfaction in the long run in terms of career growth and financial stability. CCNA is a good option if you are interested in Net Working. There are other areas as well and you can concentrate on this fields if you have passion for those courses. One thing to be noted in this context is your clarity and dedication towards any assigned field.
I cannot make out your purpose why you want to opt for GRE at this moment. Would you like to continue your job in any foreign companies. If such is the case, gain your experience in a particular area first and continue your job in a Multinational Company first living in India and later you can move ahead by clearing GRE test.