Ask Experts » Computers » Programming »

Where to practice PL/SQL online?

Date: 10 Feb 2016   Posted By: Sudarmani     Group: Computers    Category: Programming   

I have searched online to find out if there is any website or online terminal where we can practice PL/SQL but I could not find it. I have created one account on Oracle express and requested for one free workspace. But it kept asking many details and I had to give something but finally I did not get any credentials to login.
Is there any online terminals or website to practice PL/SQL online?
Awaiting suggestions from experts.

Are you studying PL/SQL? Want to practice the same online? Find suggestions from experts here.

Author: Akshaya Acharya    12 Feb 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Yes, there are a number of portals which help you execute SQL commands. They are all basically designed for practicing purposes and cannot be used to build real-time applications. I'll just give you some list of sites where you can execute SQL programs.

SQL TryIt Editor provided by w3schools.com
SQL fiddle
Online SQL Editor by tutorialpoints.com

Hope you find the post helpful. All the best.

Akshaya

Author: Mahesh    12 Feb 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 5  (Rs 5)    Voting Score: 0

Yes there are many online code editor terminals where you can practice the SQL code.

1. SQLFiddle - This terminal accepts SQL queries. And you can try out almost every command on it. It does have few restriction for some commands but new changes to the terminal makes it easy to write code.

2. Coding Ground : This terminal is from Tutorialspoint. They have many other javascript based terminals. You can run your programming and database code into it.

3. activeSQL - This is another safe SQL terminal. You can use it to learn how to create database online. It also has terminal help if you require assistance.

4. SQL Teaching - You can run and execute the SQL queries inside the page. This is a good online app for learning SQL.

These are some of the resources worth checking out.

Author: Karthikeyan    05 Mar 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

There are couple of websites available which let users to create and run PL/SQL on their own. It will help users to practice SQL without have to install any software.

1. plsqlchallenge.oracle.com - The site let the users to take quiz on PL/SQL and help to learn better.

2. apex.oracle.com - This site maintained by oracle and help users to try out their queries.

3. SQLZoo - It is an interactive SQL tutorial.