Ask Experts » Family & Life » Marriage »

How to succeed in love marriage

Date: 13 Feb 2016    Group: Family & Life    Category: Marriage   

I am from small village and in love with a girl since last 2 years. We both are above 18 years and from SC. We know that in India it is very tough to marry a girl who is from the same village. I do not want to elope but convince both pairs of parents for marriage. What advice can you give me?
Experts: do respond to this query.

Are you in love with someone? Wondering how to convince your parents? Find responses from experts on this page.

Author: [Anonymous]    15 Feb 2016      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

It is always tough when you decide to go against the tradition. And for your information, the minimum age for marriage in India for men is 21 and 18 for girls. I hope you both have reached that minimum age.

My mentor always told me that if you are planning to go against the world, its best to have your parents beside you. If you have your parents with you then you can conquer the world.

Convince you parents first. Talk to your mother, make her understand your situation and your love for the girl. Then ask your mother to talk to your father. If you have elder brothers or sisters convince them before you talk to your father.

I know few states in the Indian have this tradition where a guys can't marry in the same village. I hope they end this tradition.

Hope everything will go fine with you.

Author: [Anonymous]    15 Feb 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

May I know the exact age of you both?
What are your qualifications and what you are doing currently?
What is your family status?
All these questions need to be answered before you decide to get married to some one.
Love is not the only key factor to have happy life after marriage. There are other things like your mental understanding, your financial status and qualifications and many similar things.

If you both are well educated and settled enough to handle your own life, I do not think that there will be any problem in getting married.

Author: Sheo Shankar Jha    15 Feb 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

There are many important issues which should be taken into account prior to finalisation of your marriage. The qualification angle of both of you, understanding to each other, the mutual trust and above all, your earning potential so that you would sustain your marriage - life.
There would be an added responsibility in the event of contracting marriage. Both of you would be blessed with off - springs and to support them, physically, morally and mentally you need abundant money and time to accomplish these tasks.
You have not indicated your qualification status and also your query does not indicate your earning. Simply doing a love - marriage without the consideration of financial stability is meaningless in this context. Hope, you would behave in a matured way prior to finalisation of marriage.

Author: Kailash Kumar    15 Feb 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Depending on your present age you should devote few years in serious studies by working very hard and get a decent job with handsome salary, if you really love the girl. Once you achieve something outstanding in the field of education and career, people will mold their opinion and will not offer any resistance. Moreover after becoming able to earn properly , you will be able to sustain your love relationship.

Author: Mahesh    15 Feb 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Patience and understanding is the formula for any marriage. I don't think there is any other best formula. If you can manage both then surely you are going to be doing good with each other. Also don't drag any fights longer than one day. I think you should always spend time talking things out. The more you talk the more you get to understand each other. Less you talk, the less closer you get and less success is going to be there. So you have to take some time out of life and spend things in correcting things. I'd say things would be better that way.

Author: Juana    22 Feb 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

Traditions in Indian villages are deep rooted. If marriage between people within the same village is looked upon as a cultural offence then you have a long battle ahead of you.
That you do not want to elope is a good decision. Stick to your resolve.
Here is what you can do -
• Turn to your parents for support. They are your best bet in this situation. Speak to them frankly, they may get furious, but you have to cross this bridge. You cannot move ahead with your plans of marrying the girl without your parents consent and help.
• Ask the girl to speak to her parents as well.
• Alternatively, speak to someone, with authority, in your village. Someone who is respected and whose advice people value. This could be a village elder or someone holding an official position in the government or someone from an NGO. Get all the help you can, the motive should be to convince rather than to threaten.
I am guessing that you just crossed 18. My advice to you is this –
1. At 18 you are still too young to think of marriage. People change with time. So, don't think so far ahead or get too emotionally involved, because you do not know what the future holds.
2. At 18 your future must be your only focus. Where do you see yourself 4-5 years from now? Focus on building a future for yourself. Study, learn skills, get a job, build a bank balance and a status for yourself. There is lots of time for emotional attachments.
3. At 18 what we think as love is generally infatuation and/or physical attraction. You may think of what I am saying as nonsensical, but what I say is true.

Read related posts: Love