Ask Experts » Sports » Cricket »

Query about career in cricket

Date: 13 Feb 2016   Posted By: Ronak Prajapati     Group: Sports    Category: Cricket   

I am a cricket lover from Ahmedabad. I can play cricket for the whole day. I am 17 now and will be 18 after this year! Now in 1 year I cannot play in U-19. I also have spectacles.
I have three questions here:
1.Can I become a good cricketer?
2.Can I do well in fielding and bowling?
3.Can I make a great career or it is going to be a big risk in India?
Awaiting response from experts.

Wondering about choosing a career in cricket? On this page, experts shall respond to your query and advice.

Author: Imran Soudagar    15 Feb 2016      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

It's good to know that you have interest in Cricket and you want to become a professional cricket player.

As far as your eye sight is concerned I suggest you visit a eye specialist. There are treatments which can correct your eye sight. Lasix is a treatment which has benefited many people you can ask your Doctor about it.

Can you be a good cricketer? I think yes. You can be a good cricketer if you follow you passion and committed to your profession.

Can you do good fielding and bowling? Yes you can. If you practice well, yes you can.
There is risk in everything, every career. You will have to face problems and hurdles in every field. But before you take any decision ask your parents, meet some good coach who can guide you well.

Hope you will have a great career.

Author: [Anonymous]    15 Feb 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Hi Dear,
You mentioned all details about cricket but I want to know about your details. Details like your qualification, family status , etc.

It is good that your are focused to have career in cricket line and even working towards it.
Regarding weak eye sights, you can get Lasic done for that. COnsult any good Eye surgeon in your area and get rid of spectacles. It is a minor 10-15 minutes surgery and after few minutes you will able to have normal vision.

Regarding other queries, you have to find answers in yourself only.
Your fate with cricket depends upon your hard work and dedication.

Lastly, I would like to suggest you to focus on your studies equally because qualification matters a lot in your later life.
Take your parents opinion about the same as parents are even better than us in evaluating their kid's capabilities.

Author: Jagdish Patro    15 Feb 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 5  (Rs 5)    Voting Score: 0

While I appreciate your love towards cricket, the questions raised seem to be hypothetical. Generating interest in an event of the sports category is always welcome but the career prospects depend on how you excel in the arena and move ahead of others.

If you are very serious about playing the game for the country, make sincere efforts. Get a good coaching from any cricket academy nearer to your place and learn the tips to play well. There are so many late entrants in the test cricket or one day games who played for India. Joining in a Cricket school would pave the way for you to play the Ranji trophy matches first based on your commitment and performance. Wearing spectacles, is not a negative element in the field of sports and players like Anshuman Gaikwad, Narendra Hirwani and Anil Kumble were wearing glasses when they played test cricket. So it is not a disadvantage at all.

As regards your capabilities in fielding and bowling, you are the best judge of your own. We can say, you can. This would be to encourage you only but we can't assess unless we physically see your performance. Be confident and have dedication and determination to achieve the goal that is set by yourself.

Author: [Anonymous]    18 Feb 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

It is great to see your desire to walk towards your passion and to represent the nation. And for your questions,

1. One cannot decide that. The only one who can get the good cricketer out of you is only "You". If you have a passion, determination and if you work hard to become good cricketer, you can become a good cricketer.

2. The above answers stays true for this question also. If you work on your skills and improve them, You can do well in them too

3. Right now as there is huge competition in the fields of sports especially Cricket, I will not say confidently that you will have a great career but if you are talented, if you are hardworking, if you have passion towards it, you can make a good career out of it. On the other side of the coin, there is a risk too and you may end up with nothing. So always keep an alternative ready for you in case something unexpected happens to your career.

and finally the age of 17 or 18 doesn't matter. Find a good coach or join a good cricket academy. Work hard until you reach your goal. "There are no shortcuts for success. Hardwork is the only highway for it"