Ask Experts » Opinion About » Miscellaneous »

Which flower has maximum number of colors?

Date: 14 Feb 2016    Group: Opinion About    Category: Miscellaneous   

Few flowers are found generally in some specific color only e.g. marigold, but there are few flowers which are found in many colors e.g. Bogan Belia. Which flower is found in maximum number of different colors? Why does the same flower have many different colors?
Experts: do respond.

Wondering why a flower has many colors? Do you know which flower has the maximum number of colors? Check out responses from experts here.

Author: [Anonymous]    15 Feb 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

I do not know the flower which is available in maximum range of colors. But in the flowers known to be Rose has most different range. I have seen personally 10-15 shades of Roses and I have been known that there are over 100 species of Roses, hence the number will increase.

And regarding why flowers have color and how? Flowers have colors just to attract the insects so that pollination occurs. And it is due to the pigments called Flavanoids which cause color to the flowers. As they are based on genetic composition of plants, based on species and quantity of that pigment present, the color of the flower changes.

Author: [Anonymous]    15 Feb 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

There are thousands of flower species on our beautiful Earth. And even still some flowers are there which are not known to us.
I have seen Rose in many different colors like Red, Pink, light pink, yellow, Mehroon, etc. but I cannot claim that it is rose which has maximum number of variants in terms of color.
The reason for different colors can be any including-
1. Available of different gene arrangements.
2. Environment.
3. Soil nature- Acidic or basic.
4. Season dependency.