Ask Experts » Government » Central Government »

Name correction in certificates

Date: 15 Feb 2016   Posted By: sudheer kumar     Group: Government    Category: Central Government   

My name printed in SSC, HSC and BTech certificates, PAN card and aadhar card is not the same. I am preparing for Govt. exams. Will there be a problem in document verification?
Awaiting advice from experts.

Having some difference in name in certificates? Worried about document verification for a government job? Check out responses from experts here.

Author: Kailash Kumar    15 Feb 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Ideally there should not be any difference in name mentioned in various documents. It also depends on the degree of variations e.g. is it only a spelling variation or more than that? Since the different documents mentioned by the author are issued by different authorities, it will be an uphill task to get corrected all the documents to have identical names. First of all the author should finally decide as to what is his actual name e.g. the name mentioned in the SSC certificate may be taken as the actual name. After that action may be taken to get the names corrected in all other documents as per SSC certificate.

Author: [Anonymous]    15 Feb 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

You have so much variation in your name. I mean, it is different in all the documents? Or it is mismatch with one single document?

In any case, you will be in trouble in future. Please get it corrected through proper channels.
For academic certificate correction, you need to contact respective administrative department with your request letter, correct identity proof and xerox copy of your certificate for wrong name.

For PAN card, you can get it revised directly by submitting application. They have their defined form for the same. You can either do it yourself and can also hire an agent for the same.
After the whole procedure, the corrected copy will be posted to your address only.

Author: Sheo Shankar Jha    18 Feb 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

As you have indicated that there are certain variations in your certificates issued by different authorities and so is the case with the PAN card and Aadhar card. From your statement, it is beyond my comprehension how such mistakes have cropped up in all the certificates.
If your SSC certificate is free from error and accordingly you want to get corrected in other certificates, you have to make an affidavit before the First Class - magistrate and after procuring the affidavit the same has to be notified in the leading Newspaper indicating that you are the real beneficiary.
In respect of correction in the PAN card, you may approach an agent and on your behalf, the agent would take up the corrective measure required in the correction.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.