Ask Experts » Career Guidance » Engineering Jobs »

How to enter in research field after M.Tech?

Date: 16 Feb 2016   Posted By: pooja     Group: Career Guidance    Category: Engineering Jobs   

I have completed my engineering in Electronics and Telecommunication and now am studying in the first year of masters degree in Electronics. I am planning to do my next year project in embedded systems. I have qualified in GATE 2015 but my academic record in engineering is not so good. what would be the career opportunities after M.Tech.? I want to go into the research field. But, how can I find whether I can do well in my chosen respective field? Where are the best opportunities if research is considered? How can I start to enhance my career?

Eager to take up research work after M.Tech.? Get expert career guidance on starting out and the job opportunities available for it.

Author: Seema Shah    18 Feb 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

Well, here goes my answer:
1. What would be the career opportunities after M.Tech.?
You can join any govt or private sector or a research lab or R&D or any other departments of electronics or related industries.

2. How can I find whether I can do well in research field?
You will need to find out if you have an aptitude for research. Do you possess any of these traits: curiosity, creativity, innovativeness, patience, perseverance, documentation, logic, analysis etc.

3. Where are the best opportunities if research is considered?
R&D labs in govt and private sector.

4. How can I start to enhance my career?
Do an in depth research project in second year.

Read related posts: Sea