Ask Experts » Health » Nutrition »

Difference between EDD LMP & EDD CUG

Date: 17 Feb 2016    Group: Health    Category: Nutrition   

My EDD LMP is June 18th 2016 and EDD CUG is June 27th 2016. What is my Due Date then? What is the difference between both dates? Is there anything worry about? I am little worried about these dates. Can experts provide advice.

Having a query about EDD LMP, EDD CUG or due date? Find responses from experts here.

Author: Kailash Kumar    19 Feb 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

EDD-LMP is calculated by adding 280 days (40 weeks) to the first day of the last menstrual period. LMP is calculated from the first day of the last menstrual period.
However the other method uses ultrasound reports which measures the size of the fetus to determine the gestational age which is the time elapsed since the the first day of the last menstrual period. Ultrasound measurement of the embryo or fetus in the first trimester is the most accurate method to establish or confirm gestational age.
The author may however consult a obstetrician for professional advice.