Ask Experts » Computers » Networking »

How to host own site with wampserver?

Date: 17 Feb 2016   Posted By: Manoj Kumar Lamba     Group: Computers    Category: Networking   

I have installed wampserver on my system, created some test files and created database for them successfully. Now I want to put it on my own site like mysite.com and want to host it from my own server. What is the procedure? How to create my own website like mysite.com? Experts: do advice.

Have a query about wampserver? Find responses from experts here.

Author: [Anonymous]    18 Feb 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

Manoj,

As it seems from your question, I think you want to host your website from your own computer such that it can be accessed on WorldWideWeb by everyone.

For this, you must have to meet a few requirements, these are,

1) An IP address.
2) Your domain which will serve your website.
3) An internet connection, to be very fast and of as good bandwidth as possible. An unlimited data plan may be the best deal here.

You must have your site running properly on your local machine, that via localhost address. If you meet these conditions, you are good to go with the next steps.

While doing it is technically possible by enabling your Wamp server to be globally accessible, it may not be possible to explain all the steps in a single answer.
You may kindly refer to the given link to find a detailed walkthrough on your computer hosted website global and online.
http://www.simonewebdesign.it/how-to-put-online-your-wampserver/

Hope it helps.

Author: Mahesh    19 Feb 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 5  (Rs 5)    Voting Score: 0

You have installed the WAMP and you have made the files to host. Now the thing that is left to do is making your IP specific settings. This allows any other person from outside the IP to access your public files. So in your case those files are your website.

In case of WAMP, your files are stored in htdocs folder. So you have to make sure what read and write access is set for the folder.

You need two more things - 1) IP address 2) Internet connectivity and power supply. So the IP address for your own machine can be obtained from your ISP. You need to apply for the static IP address. And once you do that next is making sure your machine can be online all the time with power and internet connection.

Once that is done, all you have to do is make sure to change some settings in apache configuration. Those settings are IP specific. Once those changes are changed you can serve the public files in htdocs online.

Author: [Anonymous]    23 Feb 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

1) If you want to host your own website you might try Blue host which offering unlimited web hosting with full support for PHP or MYsql.

2) You should download, install and run wamp server in order to host your own website.

Author: Manoj Kumar Lamba    24 Feb 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Thanks for answering, I just want for test purpose only to host mysite.com locally on my wampserver. I have done it by making some changes in hosts file which is present in folder C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc. Open the hosts file with text editor or any other editor and do the following changes in the last line.
127.0.0.1 localhost www.mysite.com
Type www.mysite.com in your browser and you can locally access it.
Now I want to know that how can it accessible from outside network?

Author: saket kumar    19 Jun 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

Today I am going to tell how we can publish a website with wampserver. Follow these steps to publish the website:-
Step 1: Export Local WordPress wampserve. Step 2: Uploading wampserve Files to Live Site. Step. 3: Creating MySQL Database on Live Site. Step 4: Importing WordPress Database on Live Site. Step 5: Changing the Site URL. Step 6: Setting Up your Live Site.
Step 7: Fixing Images and Broken Links by updating Paths.

Saket singh
Everyday Learner