|Author: Mahesh 18 Feb 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 2 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
Back pain has different causes and multiple symptoms for different problems. Depending on the cause you have to find the right solution for that. I suggest you to ask the doctors with what you are suffering as of now. And then based on that start the treatment. Make sure you reduce the weight. You also need to make sure that you eat in proportion and your sitting arrangement is good as well. This small type of things count in long ways and add up to the injury. So take doctor suggestions and find the cause.
|Author: Kailash Kumar 18 Feb 2016 Member Level: Platinum Points : 2 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
The low back pain may be due to several reasons, the most common type being due to weakening of muscles and bones as a result of aging process. I think there is no permanent cure to low back pain. One has to take due precautions to not let it degenerate further. Not putting excessive strain and stress, massage and doing recommended physical exercises regularly are likely to help. In my personal opinion surgical procedures etc. should be considered only after exhausting all available alternate options or as recommended by the medical experts.
|Author: [Anonymous] 18 Feb 2016 Member Level: Diamond Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
I would like to know the age of suffering person because this problem has different solutions for different age.
If he is in young age, then severe back ache is a serious problem and must be taken care of. The reason may be lack of calcium in body, wrong sitting postures on regular basis or the worse is problem in kidneys. So, I would suggest you to consult a better doctor for the same.
If he is in his old age, then back ache is like an age effect. He should avoid long time sittings, long walks holding heavy weights, should take proper sleep and do mild exercises daily.
Some magnetic belts are available in market, which doctors usually suggest for old age back ache problems. You can get one for your friend but please take care of the originality of the belt and do not buy a duplicate one.
|Author: Sheo Shankar Jha 18 Feb 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 4 (Rs 4) Voting Score: 0|
Low back - pain is associated with several factors such as Insomnia, Old - age, lack of Calcium and Vitamin D, Wrong sitting posture and Excess body - weight etc. The following tips would be helpful-
1) We have to ensure that we get adequate amount of sleep at least for seven hours during each night. This would eliminate the stage of low back - pain.
2) Deficiency of Calcium and Vitamin D has to be compensated. The source of Calcium is Milk, Yoghurt and Eggs. Best source of Vitamin - D is the Sun - Ray's. Walking for 15 minutes each day in day time in presence of Sun would compensate this loss. Vitamin - D supplementation can be taken up with the consultation of Doctor.
3) Ginger - tea- Ginger - tea provides relief from the low back pain because of presence of enough anti- oxidants. A regular consumption of Ginger - tea twice a day for a couple of days may arrest your pain.
4) Taking some Ice- cubes in a pan and applying it on the affected part for twenty minutes would provide substantial relief. This operation should provide twice daily.
5) Wrong - posture of sitting is to be avoided and also we should make it a point to keep moving and we should avoid sitting for a considerable time.
6) Body - weight should be kept under control since excess weight is also a contributory factor for low back- pain.
You may approach the Health care specialist in order to ascertain the exact cause for the pain.
|Author: Juana 28 Feb 2016 Member Level: Diamond Points : 6 (Rs 6) Voting Score: 0|
The fact that your friend got relief after taking medication and physiotherapy indicates that the problem is not permanent or severe. If it is a major health issue, like a slip disc, it would have shown up in an x-ray, which I presume the doctor would/should have ordered before his diagnosis.
The back pain is probably being caused by stress. Our lower back takes a beating when we sit. There is a lot of pressure on it when we sit, leading to its compression that eventually turns into back pain.
1. The best cure for your friend's problem is continued exercise and physiotherapy. Exercising the back muscles strengthens them, making them able to support the body weight better. Physiotherapy will also strengthen his back muscles and make it suppler.
2. Simple exercises like bending and stretching that can give the back muscles a workout must be practiced daily, after consulting a physiotherapist.
3. Back pain occurs with incorrect posture. Your friend must not slouch while sitting. He must hold his back upright and ensure that the angle of his upper body is not turning away from his lower body. Check the internet for the right posture for sitting and while working on the computer.
4. A cushion on the chair while sitting can provide excellent support to the lower back. There is this niche near the lower back which needs to be supported.
5. Obesity can be another cause for back problems. Is your friend overweight? If they are then losing those extra pounds can be of help.
6. Wrong footwear is also known to impact the back. Ankles, knees and our lower back get impacted when we walk. If the footwear doesn't provide proper balance the back can be adversely impacted.
7. Is your friend habitually carrying a heavy backpack? That could be causing the pain in his lower back.
8. Sleeping on too soft a mattress also causes back pain, because the body sinks into it causing the backbone to be unaligned to the rest of the body. Ask your friend to sleep on a hard surface and see if that improves his condition.