Ask Experts » Education » Exam Questions »

How to revise concepts learnt earlier?

Date: 18 Feb 2016   Posted By: yuvashree     Group: Education    Category: Exam Questions   

I have already learnt almost all the lessons required for tomorrow's chemistry exam. I know all the required concepts but don't know how to revise/prepare for tomorrow's exam. Should I practice more sums or try old question papers? The lessons for my exam has organic chemistry and hydrocarbons.I have no idea what type of questions may be asked? Kindly respond.

Are you preparing for exams? Wondering how to revise the concepts learnt earlier? Check out responses from experts here.

Author: Seema Shah    18 Feb 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

You can do the following:
1. Scan through the book and review all that you have learnt.
2. Write down what is difficult to remember at least once

But above this revision:
1. Be confident
2. Do not worry or be stressed
3. The more you worry the less you will remember on the day of the exam

All the best!

Author: Kailash Kumar    18 Feb 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

The confusion and nervousness may ease out after seeing the question paper. Once the question paper is read, the focus gets shrunk to the questions mentioned in the question paper, leaving aside the other components of the syllabus. Feel confident about your preparation. Concepts once understood properly are not forgotten easily. All the best to you.

Author: [Anonymous]    18 Feb 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Hi Dear,
As you are saying you have learned all the chapter about your exam. I would suggest you to go through the highlights like-points to remember at the end of chapter, class notes, go through class tests questions if conducted any and or anything which is summarized.
This will revive your memory.

Apart from this, search for 2-3 old papers. You may get the same from library and try to solve them in definite time. This will give you an idea about how much to have to faster while writing answers.

If you at home, ask your mother for any elder sibling if free to ask you question from the chapters.

Please note that one should not rush for last moment preparations and should sit freely immediate before exams. This will keep you fresh to attempt the examination paper in a better way.