Ask Experts » Government » Central Government »

My original name is attached with my fathers name in BTech degree and marksheets.

Date: 18 Feb 2016    Group: Government    Category: Central Government   

I have cleared SSC JE prilims and waiting to give Mains.
All my BTech marksheets also include my father's name. Will this create any problem in document verification of any Central or State Govt. jobs?
Experts: kindly assist.

Worried about name issue in document verification? Check out advice from experts on this page.

Author: Kailash Kumar    19 Feb 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

In case as a student only your name is mentioned in the mark sheets and your fathers name is mentioned as the father of the student, then there should not be any problem in documents verification. However the problem may arise only when your fathers name is mentioned in place of the students name in the mark sheet. I presume that this clarifies the situation.

Author: Partha Kansabanik    21 Feb 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

The question is not fully clear. In some states of India (Maharashtra for example), a person's name includes his/her father's name. Example: Sunil Manohar Gavaskar, Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar. If your case is same, I don't think there would be any problem in future, at least in India.