Ask Experts » Government » Central Government »

Name correction in my documents

Date: 20 Feb 2016   Posted By: sudheer kumar     Group: Government    Category: Central Government   

My name in my SSC certificate is printed without my surname but in my +2 & in my BTech certificate my name is printed with my surname.
Currently I am preparing for govt exams. Will this name difference be a problem for me? If it is going to be a problem then how can I get it corrected?
Experts do assist.

Have a difference in name in certificates? Wondering whether it would be a problem in government exams? Find responses from experts on this page.

Author: Kailash Kumar    22 Feb 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Generally the boards who issues SSC certificates , have a laid down procedure for correction of names. The same can be found out by visiting the school from where SSC was passed or the nearest office of the concerned board for knowing the actual procedure. It is always advisable to keep the documents ready and updated i.e. bearing the same name. It may or may not cause any problem later depending upon the organization in which the author will finally be able to find a job. In private smaller companies, it may not cause any problem or even in some Government organizations, filing an affidavit may work, but it will be wiser to get the name corrected in the certificate.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.