Ask Experts » Education » School Homework Help »

S.Chand CBSE School Maths Reference Books

Date: 22 Feb 2016   Posted By: fateh     Group: Education    Category: School Homework Help   

I am a student, studying in a school. I would like to know about S.Chand Cbse maths reference books for class 9.
Should I purchase S.Chand reference book or not? Is this book really helpful for students?
Experts: do respond.

Wondering whether to buy S Chand Reference books for Maths? Find advice from experts on this page.

Author: Kailash Kumar    23 Feb 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

As far as mathematics is concerned, in addition to the prescribed text books, buying as many good books as required, is always advisable. The basic concepts can be learnt from the main text book and for practicing questions from other books can be used. However most important thing in learning good mathematics is to not to skip any step and proceed ahead without clearing the present concept. Rote learning never works in mathematics. The book being considered by the author as well as other books of same standard may be bought without any hesitation and hard work should be done throughout the coming few years for success in future.

Author: Sheo Shankar Jha    23 Feb 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

Mathematics is a very interesting subject provided you have clarity in the chapters included in your syllabus. Your best reference book is the text - book of your class. The related formulaes and their usage are to be considered seriously and you must be familiar with its application. In Mathematics, you would see how the same result is being obtained using different sets of formulaes. Such command is achievable with your sound concept of the subject.
With reference to the help - book printed by S. CHAND and COMPANY, you may have the same and observe how the problems in that book have been solved. Now start a fresh taking the same problem and see if the same can be solved from your end using a different formulaes. If you could arrive at right answer by using your own formulation, you would achieve a sound concept in the subject and solving problems as many as you can from different sources would definitely boost your confidence in the subject.

Author: Purna Prasad Sharma    24 Feb 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

As far I know S Chand's reference books are good comparatively, I too used while I was at 12th standard. I just suggest you to get only of new edition which helps you to find very updated changes in the book.

Author: Richita Dutta    21 Mar 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

When I was in class 9th and 10th, I also used to study from reference books. They are really helpful especially for maths. S.Chand is a nice reference book for maths. It has many variety of questions for every topic. The text books which are provided to the student from their board are often very simple. They don't have much variety of question. So in order to get a thorough understanding of the concept, it is necessary to consult different books.
S.Chand not only publish books for maths, but also for other subjects. You can also refer them if you need help in other subject.
There are other reference books for maths, the most common and popular among them is R.D.Sharma.
Though most of the tough questions you will find same in all the books, but still you can choose any one of them to get the maximum benefit.