Ask Experts » Education » Exam Questions »

How do I prepare for IIT JAM Physics 2017?

Date: 23 Feb 2016   Posted By: Gopal Mailapalli     Group: Education    Category: Exam Questions   

I am just confused whether I should join coaching classes or do a self study. Can some one give a detailed suggestion?
Can someone review about VPM Classes or Eduncle's material?
Can you also suggest some good books and coaching centers?
How do I make sure that I cover the subject well?
Experts: do resolve my queries.

Are you preparing for IIT exams? Searching for which coaching to join? Find responses from experts here.

Author: Kailash Kumar    24 Feb 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Joining a reputed coaching class with proven track record do help in getting guidance based on their experience on certain practical aspects also besides the academics. Also interactions with other coaching students also help some students in making serious preparations. Since the author has not mentioned the name of city where he resides, more specific guidance about coaching centers is not possible. Also the author has not mentioned the level at which he/she is presently studying. Many students join coaching classes since 11th standard onward. Some coaching companies have made tie up with the schools/colleges to have integrated classes by the coaching faculty in the classroom of the school/college.

Author: Sheo Shankar Jha    24 Feb 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

In order to excel in the examination, you must have sound concepts of the subjects in which you are likely to appear in the test. Rely on your text - books and in order to excel in the test, all the chapters enlisted in the books have to be thoroughly understood. So, every effort has to made to strengthen your conception.
By joining the noted commercial Institutes, you may resolve your difficulties in connection with your studies. The best way, in this direction would be to attend the regular classes organised by these leading Institutes since in that way, you would get an oppurtunity to have direct interaction with the faculties. With regard to your query which Institute would suit you for your preparation for the IIT test, there are numerous one's- some of the leading Institutes are FIITJEE, Vidyamandir classes and Kota Institutes. You may think of your admission in any one of these Institutes.
Maintain consistency in your studies and be positive. Some Institutes like FIITJEE conduct mock test to analyse their improvements in their studies. To appear in such mock - tests prior to final test of JEE would enable you to identify your strength and weakness. Make it a point to enrol in such tests.

Author: [Anonymous]    26 Feb 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Selection of Coaching classes or self study is a self decision dear. It is upto you.
Students of both categories are surviving in society and even are working good in their academics.
If you have good grip and confidence that you will be able to do on your own with support of your teachers and friends the go for self studies.
You can get study material from previous batch. For self judgement, you can solve old question papers and sample papers.

If you are finding it difficult then join goo coaching institute. For selecting one, you need to do market research among friends and teachers.

Author: Divya111    07 Jul 2016      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Hello,
thanks for Asking.

Firstly, You should check the Syllabus & Exam Pattern of IIT JAM.
Check IIT JAM Syllabus

You have to start preparation with Good Study Material. So that you can easily understand the concepts & topics for preparation.

You have to solve Previous Year Question Papers & Mock Test Papers. It will help you to get an Idea about the Exam pattern & increase your speed of Solving questions in given time.

You should stay Updates with The Latest News & Notifications of JAM 2017.

You should be aware of Negative Marking in the Exam - In Section-A (MCQ), wrong answer will result in negative marks.

For all 1 mark questions, 1/3 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
For all 2 marks questions, 2/3 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.

Don't Take Too Much Stress. You can Crack the Exams. just Stay Focused.

Author: Taksha Singh    13 Jul 2016      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Hi, I Have found that you have got the answer of all your queries rather than one,

So I am going to answer this question.I will not say that VPM Classes is not good but yes for IIT JAM you can trust on Eduncle. one of my friend who has very less time for preparation , She joined the eduncle & Now she has cleared the IIT JAM exam & soon she will get admitted in good IIT .

So on this basis I can suggest you Eduncle. You can also check the IIT JAM 2016 result by eduncle.

AIR 06 -gautam
AIR 21- Maurali

All the best & choose the right option.