Regarding adoption of stream in class 11 CBSE

Date: 27 Feb 2016   Posted By: kaify     Group: Education    Category: India Educational Consultants   

I am a student of class 10. I have scored B1 in Science, Maths and SST; A1 in English and regional language and A2 in Hindi. Can I opt for medical stream in class 11th of CBSE? I am very tensed and I don't want to loose my target of becoming a doctor.
Experts:: do advice if I can opt for a medical stream.

Are you aspiring to become a doctor? Wondering whether you can opt for this stream in CBSE? Check out responses from experts here.

Author: Kailash Kumar    29 Feb 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

It is up to the author only to resolve to leave no stone unturned for achieving his cherished goal. Tength grade scores are not the end of the world. Instead it is just the beginning. The given score has helped the author in understanding that the present level of preparation is not sufficient. More hard work is required with due sincerity and devotion. The author must realize that almost anything can be achieved through the dint of hard work and focused attention. Dedicated hard work during coming few years is required. All other activities should kept postponed for a later period. The college life means studies and studies only. The author can very well opt for medical stream and achieve his goal also, but only through his own efforts.

Author: JAYAPRASAD    29 Feb 2016      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

First you are advised to contact a career counselor who can help you a lot.
If you have the result of PSA from school and assessment sheet at school in various activities you have been participated during you class IX and X , take these sheets you can find the assessment criteria with well defined parameter and rubrics. Suppose if you assessment sheet in participating a group activity, debate, it express your real skill in scholastic and co-scholastic fields. It will help you to find your like and interests with the help of the teacher. If you are studying in a CBSE school , the implementation of CCE help the students and parent to know the real skill through the various assessments in schlastic and co scholastic areas.

Author: Madan Lal Mahato    01 Mar 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Your stream is completely depend upon your knowledge and interest. I don't know about your interest and knowledge about biology subject. stream science with biology paper is excellent. You want to full fill your parent dream, its good. But In real medical is very difficult, it is not similar as you think.So you ask to any medical candidate.

Author: Sheo Shankar Jha    01 Mar 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

First of all, you should have a passion and a determined approach to sustain your activity. Once, you have made up your mind to take up Biology for continuance of Medical - stream, stick to it despite the fact that the entire subjects Physics, Chemistry and Biology need through preparation of your text - books. There is no short cut method for the preparation of the same, you need a consistent approach. While going through the text - books, you may come across doubts and the same are to be rectified from your class - teachers. A sound clarity of the subjects would help you to achieve success.
Remain focussed and dedicated to your studies to crack the medical test after the completion of class twelve. You may appear in the mock tests organised by Akash or any other well known Institute in order to assess your strength and weakness while preparing for the medical - tests.

Author: Partha Kansabanik    01 Mar 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

I have read the question very carefully. The admission in the stream of Bio-Science in XIth Standard entire depends upon the grade you have achieved and whether the school(s) (where you intend to take admission) accept(s) a student with similar grades, or not. I feel that with your grades you may not be able to take admission in top schools in major metro cities. You have to check with the second-level schools.
At the same time, you have to introspect whether you would be able to cope up with vast requirements of study to join MBBS course in good medical colleges.