Ask Experts » Education » India Educational Consultants »

Minor spelling mistake in certificate

Date: 28 Feb 2016   Posted By: Preeti     Group: Education    Category: India Educational Consultants   

My name in matriculation certificate and other documents like PAN card, Voter card, graduation degree certificates does not match.
Will it create any problem in getting govt job as I am preparing for competitive exam?
Experts: do advice.

Worried about getting a govt. job if name does not match in certificates and documents? On this page, experts shall provide you advice.

Author: Manoj Kumar Lamba    29 Feb 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

All the information in all your documents should be same. It may create problem during the verification of the documents. So in order to correct the name in all documents contact the relevant department with proof of having correct name, for this you can have an affidavit from your local court and submit a copy in the relevant department office of which the document is related.

Author: Kailash Kumar    29 Feb 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Variation in names in various documents is bound to create problem during document verification. It is therefore advisable that the documents should be got corrected to ensure that the same name is mentioned in all the documents. For this purpose, first of all the author should finally decide as to what is his actual name. In case the name mentioned in matriculation certificate is the real name then all other documents may be got corrected accordingly. It may be noted that matriculation certificate is most sought after and referred document in jobs related matters. It also depends on the nature and extent of variation also. One option is to show all the documents to a known legal professional for specific advice and guidance.

Author: JAYAPRASAD    29 Feb 2016      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

It will affect you are advised to change the name according to Birth certificate. Apply to the concerned institutions with copy of the Birth certificate. If start from school , first you should approach the school to correct the name and take copies to all other institutions to get it corrected

Author: Partha Kansabanik    01 Mar 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Yes, the difference in names in different Government documents would DEFINITELY create problem for you in future. So, I would advise you to take the matter very seriously get the spelling corrected to make it uniform in all documents. For this purpose, you may also have to sign an affidavit before a first-class magistrate of your city (this would help you in case your name is not changed in one of these documents.)

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.