Ask Experts » Lawyers » Indian Law »

Decree for divorce done through mutual consent

Date: 28 Feb 2016    Group: Lawyers    Category: Indian Law   

Is there any decree issued by court in case the divorce is done through mutual consent? Is there any other process for the decree?

Experts: do assist.

Searching for information about getting a decree for divorce? Find responses from experts on this page.

Author: Mahesh    02 Mar 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Yes, there are procedure to go through mutual consent.

However some lawyers insist you to get money from the male partner. If you are female then you have a choice of filing the male partner for any random crime he didn't committed within marriage and extract money from him. Most of the lawyers today lean towards such extortion. Or if you're male partner then you can file for the damage too but in 1 out of 100 cases it will be fought on your favor.

Regardless of whether you are male or female wanted advice on this law. Do note that don't fall for lawyers bait on alimony and other charges for financial extortion. Sort it mutually and then just use the court for legal documentation.

Author: Sheo Shankar Jha    03 Mar 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

That would be an ideal situation for the settlement of the case. A lawyer would be helpful in this regard since he is fully conversant with the all the legalities related to law and is aware of court - proceeding.
Since both of you ( Husband and Wife) want divorce with mutual consent, the court would not delay in the settlement of case and the decision would be on your favour. Both of you need to sign certain documents in support of proof of divorce.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.