Ask Experts » Lawyers » Indian Law »

Birth certificate in English from Births and Deaths department

Date: 28 Feb 2016    Group: Lawyers    Category: Indian Law   

I have birth certificate of my kids in Hindi from Faridabad. I however I need them in English. Any idea if Births and Deaths department issues certificates in English as well? Or do I need to translate them in English as the last resort?
Awaiting advice from experts.

Have a query for the Births and Deaths Dept? Wondering if they issue certificates in English? Check out this Ask Expert page for answers.

Author: Kailash Kumar    02 Mar 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

In the case of Delhi registration of births and deaths is compulsory as per provisions of Registration of Births & Deaths Act, 1969 and Delhi Registration of Births & Deaths Rules, 1999. They have provision for providing certified copies of birth and death certificates from the office of Chief Registrar (Births & Deaths) on submission of original certificate issued in other languages.
Similar provision may or may not exist in the state of Haryana also which can be ascertained by inquiring from the concerned office. In many cases notarized copies of English translation serves the purpose.