Ask Experts » Opinion About » Miscellaneous »

Which is more important: B2B or B2C Data for the company's sales team

Date: 29 Feb 2016   Posted By: Rahul     Group: Opinion About    Category: Miscellaneous   

Sales teams always have pressure to generate more revenue. There are two types of data available for sales team: B2B and B2C. The data which converts faster is better. Lets assume you have a company. Which is more important between these two for the sales team of that company?

Eager to know whether B2B or B2C data would be ideal for a sales team to generate revenue? Useful feedback from experts here will help you make the right choice.

Author: Mahesh    02 Mar 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 2

If the company has product geared towards other business instead of small customer then B2B plays bigger role in data. For example, business that sells the wholesale products are in need of the B2B data instead of B2C.

If the company sells the product to customer instead of other business then the data in need is BC2. And they need to refine this data on constant basis as customer have more patterns than business buyers.

So both the data are important but the context where it is used decides how much important to the sales team.

If I have a company selling product to customers, I'd pay for the B2C data patterns. In case of product selling to other business then I'd pay for B2B data. That's how I'd do for the sales team and expect them to take action.