Ask Experts » Lawyers » Indian Law »

Is it possible to revise certificate after two year of result announcement

Date: 01 Mar 2016   Posted By: Rajiv     Group: Lawyers    Category: Indian Law   

There is a spelling mistake in my 12th certificate(CBSE) and for some reason it hasn't been revised yet even after two years. Will it harm my govt. job eligibility? Is it possible to revise the certificate after two years?
Experts: do respond to my query.

Have a spelling issue in your 12th results certificate? Find suggestions from experts on this page.

Author: Mahesh    02 Mar 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

It is possible to do that. You can ask to the state level department nearby. You have to contact and ask for the correction. Many people correct their documents after 10 or so years. And it works just fine for them. Most of the time you may have to pay some money to get things done like renewal of the certification. There are some of the procedures that you have to follow in such case. Start by contacting the college where you were enrolled. And from there you can get the further information on how to get the renewal of the document.

Author: Kailash Kumar    02 Mar 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Applications for correction of certificates in respect of name of candidate, father's or mother's or guardian's name are accepted by CBSE up to ten years after declaration of results provided the same are forwarded through the institution in which the candidate has studied. Generally following documents are required to be submitted -
1. True copy of admission form submitted at the time of admission duly certified by the head of the institution.
2. True copy of the School Leaving Certificate issued by the previous educational institution which was submitted at the time of taking admission.
3. Prescribed fee
4. Any other document in case so required by the institution or board.

Author: Juana    02 Mar 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 5  (Rs 5)    Voting Score: 0

There is no time bar specified by CBSE to apply for changes in certificates issued by its office. However, any candidate asking for change in the certificate must submit proof to establish that there is an error.

To get your name rectified in the CBSE document you will need to visit the CBSE office in person or make an online application via its official website.

1. Your name will be changed only if it is spelt incorrectly and there are typographical mistakes in the name etc.
2. The spelling you want included should tally with what is mentioned in your school records.
3. Make an application to CBSE along with the following documents –
• Admission form submitted at the school at the time of admission
• Transfer certificate from school
• Copy of school record showing that the student (with the name clearly mentioned) was admitted to the school and obtained a TC from the same

Before you approach CBSE you will have to approach your school with a request to obtain copies pertaining to your admission and transfer as maintained in its records. Once you have the required documents you can have them attested by a gazetted officer and submit them to CBSE along with an application and prescribed fee. The Board will verify these documents before initiating corrections.

Author: [Anonymous]    03 Mar 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Yes dear, it will definitely going to create problem in future.
So follow- Better late than never and start working towards it's correction.

All you need to do is, submit an application for name correct along with Id proofs, your institute documents and fee if required. It may take some time, but you need to do strong follow ups because it is already 2 years delayed and your files may have shifted to some where else.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.