Ask Experts » Career Guidance » Engineering Jobs »

Regarding document verification

Date: 02 Mar 2016   Posted By: Anupam Kumar     Group: Career Guidance    Category: Engineering Jobs   

There is a small mistake in my B. Tech marksheets while the name in my standard X certificate is correct.
Will it create a problem during document verification in SSC ,Railway jobs etc.? Can you suggest a solution?
Awaiting advice from experts.

Thank you.

Is your name not matching in certificates? Worried about document verification? Find responses from experts on this page.

Author: Kailash Kumar    02 Mar 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

It depends on the nature of variation. In case there is only minor mistake in spelling like instead of 'sh' only 's' is written then the scenario will be different compared to the situation when there is no direct correlation between the names mentioned in both the documents. However to be on safer side correction in the documents should be obtained at the earliest. The author may contact a known legal professional together with both the original document to know the exact legal status and possible solutions by submitting notarized affidavit etc.

Author: Mahesh    02 Mar 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

You can go back and get the mistake sorted. They can verify your earlier documents and other ID docs and get you new document with changes.

You have to follow certain process to get such document edited though. For example there are going to be form and all that to fill up with college and university.

In India, such small mistakes won't have much of an issue. However if you find that the documents that you need for GRE or other offshore work then it could create problems there. So get the documents changed while you can instead of leaving it for later.

Author: Partha Kansabanik    02 Mar 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Yes, the difference in names in different Government documents would definitely create problem for you in future. So, I would advise you to take the matter very seriously get the spelling corrected to make it uniform in all documents. For this purpose, you may also have to sign an affidavit before a first-class magistrate of your city (this would help you in case your name is not changed in one of these documents). You have to preserve the affidavit in original.

Author: Juana    02 Mar 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

Even a small variation in the way your name appears in the B.Tech marksheet will/can create a problem. For all official purposes name, date of birth and name of parents must tally in all documents. There can be no discrepancies in these details.

Is your name mentioned correctly in the semester grade cards? What about fee receipts? You haven't mentioned the 12th certificate. If the name on the 12th and B.Tech marksheet is the same you will have to approach the school board and your university, independently for name to be corrected.

What you can do is approach your college with an application, stating the obvious mistake in your name, in the marksheet. Mention that admission records based on fee receipt, college roll or whatever proofs you have that shows your name mentioned correctly and attach copies as proof. Additionally, attach copies of your 10th and 12th certificates which you would have submitted at the time of admission. The college should be able to make the necessary changes and issue you a fresh marksheet. If your name is mentioned incorrectly in your 12th marksheet the college will not make the changes unless you get the same changed to match the 10th certificate.

Coming to document verification – there is no way of knowing whether the discrepancy will be noticed during the verification process. If a government department is checking the documents you might get lucky, as the clerk or whoever is in-charge might overlook it. However, if the verification process is outsourced then you will most likely face a problem, as they do a thorough job. It is best to get the name rectified at the earliest.

Author: [Anonymous]    03 Mar 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Name variation in documents is always risky, does not matters is slight or big.
It is better to go and get it corrected.

You need to contact your institute administration for the same. Submit an application with request to correct the name in your Mark sheet.
You will be asked to submit some ID proofs supporting your correct name, so arrange that before going to submit the application.
Please note that you will not be submitting your original mark sheet at the time of application submission. You will submit it at the time of collection of corrected mark sheet.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.