Ask Experts » Health » Nutrition »

Want to increase height

Date: 03 Mar 2016   Posted By: naman     Group: Health    Category: Nutrition   

I am 15 yrs old and I regularly go to gym from about a month for making biceps, triceps, abs. I also do workout for my chest muscles. I am worried about my height. Genetically I am on my dad and his height is about 5'11. Will going to the gym increase my height?
Experts: do suggest.

Looking out for solution to increasing height? Find suggestions from experts here.

Author: Kailash Kumar    04 Mar 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Though the height of an individual is primarily governed by the genetics, but food/diet also plays an important role. Milk and other dairy products like cheese, paneer and curd etc. contain calcium, proteins and vitamins A, B, D and E which help in increasing height. Other protein rich diet like eggs, meat, soybean, fish etc also helps.
Going to gym or doing other physical exercises are to be supplemented by proper diet. Without proper diet, gym exercises are not going to help.

Author: [Anonymous]    04 Mar 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

First of all, 15 is not the correct age for gym. At this age, you can devote your time for out door games and physical exercises on your own.
Secondly, as your are only 15, you still have scope for height increase for more 1-2 years.
Please note that weight lifting does not support height increase, so stop that if you are doing that at gym.
I would advise you to play badminton, Basket ball, do cycling, swimming, skipping, etc. These are natural tools to have good height.

You can also consult a doctor to have medication for the same.

Author: Madan Lal Mahato    06 Mar 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Increasing height is a very difficult task. But you can increase your height by taking proper food protein and doing some proper type of exercise and by yoga also. By doing gym you can increase your stamina, strength and give a definite shape to your muscles. But in age 15, it may create problem about your physic because it is a growing age. So in this time, you should try to grow your body and do some free hand work.

Author: sai vandana    07 Mar 2016      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

these are the best tips for gaining height..

1. Stretches for Gaining Height.

You've probably done stretches before; they're the most effective warm-up for any type of workout. I recommended that you do the stretches for at least fifteen minutes everyday.

2. Drink Milk.

Milk is rich in calcium, an important mineral for bone growth. Calcium also acts as a height booster. Besides calcium, milk has vitamin A and protein that are essential for overall development of the body, including height.

To increase your height by a few inches, drink at least two to three glasses of milk daily. In addition, eating dairy foods like cheese, cottage cheese, yogurt and cream can have an effect on height.

3. Get Proper Sleep

When you rest, the body grows and regenerates tissues. In fact, the Human Growth Hormone (HGH) responsible for increasing height is produced naturally in the body when you have a sound and deep sleep.

4. Proper Diet and Nutrition:

liver
Green vegetables
Potatoes
Nuts such as almonds and peanuts
Chicken
Beans
Peas
Fruits like apples and bananas

5. Yoga

You can also do some yoga to increase your height naturally. Certain yoga exercises facilitate the release of growth-inducing hormones in the body. Yoga also helps release stress that causes tension in the back muscles, which in turn paves the way for maximum growth.

You can also do some yoga to increase your height naturally. Certain yoga exercises facilitate the release of growth-inducing hormones in the body. Yoga also helps release stress that causes tension in the back muscles, which in turn paves the way for maximum growth..