Ask Experts » Education » Professional Courses »

What MBA Course is suitable for me?

Date: 03 Mar 2016    Group: Education    Category: Professional Courses   

I completed my graduation in 2014 and now I am preparing for bank jobs. Actually I want to do Executive MBA course. I read that most of the people who are working will choose executive MBA. Is it possible for me now to do executive MBA as I am not doing any job right now?
I cannot spend entire time on MBA now as I am preparing for Bank jobs.
Experts: do suggest.

Aspiring to study MBA? Wondering whether Executive MBA is suitable for me? On this page experts shall provide you advice.

Author: Kailash Kumar    04 Mar 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

In my opinion the author should totally focus on preparing for competitive examination for bank job without diverting his attention toward anything else at this stage. It is very important to acquire any job at this stage by making due and sincere efforts. Doing MBA is not an substitute of clearing the competitive examination. Once a job is secured then options for further career development can be explored. Executive MBA can be done while doing job at bank.

Author: [Anonymous]    04 Mar 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Please do not try sail two boats simultaneously.
I would advise you to first do preparations for your Bank competitive examinations and get a good job. May be after that, you may not need to pursue MAB degree.
If needed, that can be pursued as part time course from any of the Indian institutes offering it for professionals.

Author: Mahesh    05 Mar 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Bank jobs require serious attention and its not easy to pass those exams. So your current focus has to be on bank jobs. And you should pay less attention to the MBA if your interest is in bank jobs.

If your performance with the previous exams were good then you can take the risk and give multiple exams. However that is only going to backfire you. It is not going to give you anything good if you are not focused on one of them.

Depending on the exam schedule and your future plans. Focus on one of the exams first and then think of another. MBA can be done in any age but the government jobs are restrictive with the age. So make sure you enter into the government job as early as possible.

Author: Sheo Shankar Jha    05 Mar 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Executive MBA course is exclusively for the people who are already employed and this programme can be taken up only when you enter any organisation - Public - sector or otherwise. Sometimes such programmes are sponsored by the management.
At this stage, it would be better for you to clear the competitive tests conducted by the Banking - service Examination so that you are selected as a the Probationary - officer of any nationalised banks. So, your total devotion should be to clear the written as well as the oral test of Banking - probationary Examination. Once you start working in the Bank - sector, you can take up the executive MBA programme with the consent of your employer.

Author: Partha Kansabanik    08 Mar 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

I think you are little bit confused. Executive MBA is a crash-course. The important portions of all subjects of MBA (MBA is a multi-disciplinary course) are taught in Executive MBA in a capsule form. The duration of Executive MBA is one year and this is much more expensive than normal MBA (both full-time MBA and part-time MBA). Moreover, Executive MBA programmes admit only working candidates.

I would advise you to go for full-time MBA and chose specialisation according to your inclination. As you are interested to join financial institutions (banks), you may consider studying financial management.