Ask Experts » Computers » Software »

Type of Windows computer required for Autocad software bytes

Date: 04 Mar 2016   Posted By: Teerath     Group: Computers    Category: Software   

I am going to buy a computer, but am confused about the Windows system (byte of Windows) because I am buying the computer only for Autocad designing. Hence, please guide me to buy a suitable Windows computer which have compatible bytes with that required for Autocad and provide me details about to change the Windows with matching byte Windows.

Planning to buy a computer for Autocad designing? Check out with out experts which is the ideal Windows you need to have to be compatible with the bytes of Autocad.

Author: Mahesh    07 Mar 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

Bytes of computer here refer to the hardware support. The hardware that has 64 bit or 32 bit processor support. Most of the modern processors support 64 bit computation. So the OS also works with the choice of 32 or 64 bit.

Your software in CAD which is "Autocad" or other similar softwares work on both 32 and 64 bit. You don't need any specific version of hardware here. Either 32 bit or 64 bit hardware works.

Autocad is very resource demanding application. So are other CAD applications. So you should focus on the hardware that gets your work done. If possible ask the computer seller on what hardware support is and you can also do google the model number and find if it is 64 bit or 32 bit. However your concern more should be about RAM and the decent processor instead of byte of computer.