Post Graduate courses and career path in Criminal Law or Criminology

Date: 06 Mar 2016   Posted By: Fazaelzehra     Group: Education    Category: India Educational Consultants   

I'm doing Bachelors of Business Management in Bangalore. I will finish my degree by this April but I want to pursue my career in criminal law or criminal justice/ criminology. I want to do a post graduate diploma in criminology but when I Googled it, it says it is criminology and forensic Science. My doubt is that I have not been a science student previously so can I pursue this as my career? Because criminology needs no science but as far as I know forensic science does? Please reply as soon as possible because this is my turning point and I'm really confused about what to do in future? I'm not interested in doing corporate jobs as of now at least.

Planning to pursue a PG course in criminal justice or criminology? Check out this Ask Expert page to know the best courses to pursue at the post graduate level in the field of criminal law.

Author: Sheo Shankar Jha    07 Mar 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

Criminal law is the essential subject being taught in LLB course. In order to specialise in the criminal law and other law related fields, you have to persue this course - the duration of which is three years. During the learning session, you would come across several rounds of mock - tests where you would learn many useful tips to handle the criminal cases.
After acquiring this degree, you have to pass the Bar examination so that you can independently practice as a criminal - lawyer.
Forensic - science is a specialised branch where broken hairs, stain of blood lying on the floors or any broken materials found in the vicinity where murder has taken place are the essential tools for the further investigation. Here the hairs are subjected to place in a high ordeed resolution power of a modern microscope to match the charecterestic of the hair and such investigation helps in tracking the real culprits.
So this science is entirely a new branch giving entire clues of the dubious people and if you have inclination for this science, you can take up the same by taking up the certification - course.