|Author: Juana 09 Mar 2016 Member Level: Diamond Points : 10 (Rs 10) Voting Score: 0|
You can see a doctor and ask to be prescribed iron supplements to raise your haemoglobin count. However, iron supplements can cause constipation and have other side effects. Instead, a healthy diet can help raise your haemoglobin count to healthy levels.
The first thing to note is that the body absorbs iron better when combined with vitamin C. So, along with an iron rich diet you will need to up your vitamin C intake as well. The absorption of iron will be better and faster.
There are 2 types of iron in our food – heme and non-heme. The best food sources for heme iron are –
• Red meat like mutton – make sure to remove all fat from it
• Liver and other organ meats
Heme iron is better absorbed by our body as compared to non-heme iron.
Foods rich in non-heme iron are –
• Green leafy vegetables
• Whole grains like wheat flour etc
• Fortified cereals
Enhance your body's ability to absorb non-heme iron by eating vitamin C rich foods such as oranges and strawberries at each meal. Alternatively, have a glass of orange juice or lime juice or squeeze some lemon over your food.
Losing weight is easy provided you follow a balanced diet and exercise. Remember to cut down on fatty, sugary and starchy foods and substitute it with whole grains, fresh veggies and fruits, lean meats, low fat dairy and lots of fluids.
Start an exercise program that will help you lose weight. Run, jog, walk, climb stairs – dance, play a sport, stay active.
However, avoid weight and strength training if the aim is to lose weight on the weighing scale. Weight training will remove flab, but will not do much to reduce weight on the scale, as muscles weigh too.
Exercise portion control - cut down the amount of food you eat. This way you will consume fewer calories. If you are a rice eater, take half the quantity you normally eat, do the same with phulkas. Fill your plate with more raw veggies and munch on fruits if hungry in between meals.
When do you go back for your medicals? Another trick is to go on the GM diet (google it) – it will help you lose the desired weight, but use the diet only as a last resort.
|Author: Sheo Shankar Jha 10 Mar 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 6 (Rs 6) Voting Score: 0|
The following tips would be helpful to enhance Hemoglobin - content in the blood-
1) Regular use of Pomegranate, Apples, Papaya would surge the Hemoglobin - content. You may also use Raisins regularly by chewing ten pieces of the same early in the morning would improve Hemoglobin- level.
2) Dry goose - berry Powder also helps to enhance iron - content in the blood. One table - spoon of the same is to consumed daily during night after your dinner. Consumption of Vitamin - C is also essential to absorb the iron - content. In Goose - berry, you would get abundant quantity of Vitamin C apart from other valuable minerals such as iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium etc - each having beneficial effect on our body - system.
3) Care has to be taken to include Proteins in our foods - such as Milk, Yoghurt, Eggs and Red - meat.
4) Green leafy vegetables, too, helps in improving Hemoglobin - level.
5) In order to get the benefits to improve the Hemoglobin, you must consume enough VitaminC such as Lemon or oranges so that there is full exploitation of the iron present in the food.
In order to reduce your weight, you have to avoid excess sweets and junk foods since these two items would cause weight - gain. Inclusion of Proteins in the food such as Yoghurt. Eggs, Pulses are essential. Brisk walking in the morning for 40 minutes regularly would shed your weight.
You should take at least 2.5 litres of water dally in order to flush out the unwanted toxins from the system.
Considering all the parameters listed above would help you to achieve your goal.
|Author: Mahesh 12 Mar 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 2 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
I think reducing weight and hemoglobin two have to be treated differently. In case of low hemoglobin you are supposed to eat certain items and whereas in order to lose weight you have to do some diet and exclude certain type of food.
For example you need to eat a lot of beet root, carrot and apple. Some doctors may also suggest you to eat pomogrende too. And there are some tablets to consume.
Apart from that in case of weight loss. I suggest you to pay attention to hemoglobin initially. And then focus on weight loss. because you need strength right now. walk everyday and make sure you form some sort of routine for this.
Daily walk. Good diet can get you back healthy again. it doesn't matter if you start dieting right away. But take advice of dietician first.
|Author: Darshan Malwiya 05 Jul 2016 Member Level: Silver Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
Hemoglobin is an iron-rich protein present in red blood cells. This protein is responsible for carrying oxygen throughout the body.
Here are some foods which helps in increasing Hemoglobin.
1] Eat Iron-Rich Foods
2] Increase Vitamin C Intake
3] Take Folic Acid
7] Brown rice
8] Pumpkin seeds