Ask Experts » Computers » Networking »

Hiccups in opening new pages in the browser with certain sites

Date: 09 Mar 2016   Posted By: Venkiteswaran.     Group: Computers    Category: Networking   

Sometimes I face some hiccups in opening of new pages by navigating or from links from one page. Though I do not face this always, at times these occur.

The most frequent occurring are for Yahoo mail. It takes a lot of time for opening a new message once we select or takes time to delete a message etc. Once in a while I face it for ISC also. At the same time I can see that some sites opening fast.

Initially when I faced this, I was afraid whether it was due to some malware or virus problem. But my thorough scanning with Internet security software or Windows defender did not show any such issue and the problem continued even after scanning and cleaning of junk space.
It is interesting that when I open Yahoo mail and mark a message to open and read it, it takes time. But if I click and refresh on some other site pages kept opened or if I open a new tab and click there, then the previous yahoo page goes blank (preparing) and then the intended page opens. This pattern persists and I refresh on some other opened page to speed up. Sometimes I get an alert to recover web page at the taskbar.

Can someone enlighten me on this?

Are you facing odd problems in opening a new page at certain sites? Get expert help to know what could be the problem & how to resolve it.

Author: Mahesh    10 Mar 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 5  (Rs 5)    Voting Score: 0

This looks more or less issue from your ISP. Make sure you ask them if there is any speed and network issue from their side. Most of us can access the content just fine.

You should also go through the below checklist to see if that solves your problem.

1. Replace the wire connecting with modem.
2. If the modem is wireless then reboot it and restart with new settings.
3. Clear cookies and temp files on your computer.
4. Flush DNS from command prompt on your windows computer.
5. Use Google DNS or OpenDNS.
6. Clean your computer using antivirus or anti malware just in case it could be new virus or security issue.

These are some of the common things you should do. And if that does not solve the problem then you should ask for technical help.