Ask Experts » Education » Professional Courses »

Is full time MBA or distance MBA better for job placements?

Date: 05 Aug 2014   Posted By: ramya     Group: Education    Category: Professional Courses   

I am a Computer Science Engineering graduate and worked as developer for 1 year 10 months. I've resigned. It has been 5 months. Now I am searching for new job as well as thinking to go for higher studies, specifically MBA in HR. I need a clarity on whether I should take a full time MBA or pursue it through distance mode. For distance mode, I am thinking of SCDL. I'm taking CAT coaching as well. I would like to know the placement options if I do in distance mode, as I guess it will be completely changed in domain from development to HR. Can experts suggest any other stream that I can opt for? Due to my family constraints, I cannot work for more than 9-10 hrs a day. I thought as an HR employee I could perhaps limit my work timings as well.

Wondering whether to pursue MBA full time or do it through distance education in terms of job scope? Get expert suggestions from the responses below.

Author: Dhana lakshmi    05 Aug 2014      Member Level: Silver     Points : 5  (Rs 5)    Voting Score: 0

Obviously, a Full time MBA is a much better option, if you want good placement offers. You say that you were preparing for CAT examination. It is well and good. CAT is one of the toughest examinations to crack. If you want to really pursue MBA at top institutions in india , then CAT score is a must.

Top 10 MBA Colleges that accept CAT score (full time MBA):

• IIM-Bangalore
• IIM-Calcutta
• IIM-Ahmedabad
• IIM-Indore
• IIM-Lucknow
• IIM-Kozhikode
• IIFT-Delhi
• ISB-Hyderabad
• IIM-Shillong
• XLRI -Jamshedpur

If you wanna work and study simultaneously , then doing Distance MBA is a best option. IGNOU - Indira Gandhi National Open university is the top distance MBA institution in India. If you wanna get seat, you must crack OPENMAT examination. This is the entrance examination for MBA at IGNOU. The eligibility for OPENMAT is that you need to be a 3 year or 4 year graduate. There is no age limit.

However, distance MBA will high lighten your profile and promotes career path.

Here are the list of Top 10 Universities offering Distance MBA:-

1. IGNOU
2. Symbiosis International University
3. Institute of Management & Technology
4. Sikkim Manipal University
5. Maharshi Dayanand University
6. ICFAI University
7. Amity University
8. Lovely Professional University
9. Bharti Vidyapeeth Deemed University
10. Indian Institute of Finance

Now the choice is yours. Make your choice based on your constraints or whatever.

Hope I helped you.

Thank you and Best wishes..

Author: akhil    29 Aug 2014      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

If you want to go with MBA(HR), so you have to done in full time. You are a software developer, so you can choose any field in MBA. For my point of view that one of the top college in India for best placement after MBA is ITS(Institute of Technology and Science) provides world class upgraded education with new technology. So ITS get award for Best MBA Institutes in NCR, Best PGDM colleges in India and also Top management institutes in Delhi-ncr.So you must go with ITS.