|Author: Juana 14 Mar 2016 Member Level: Diamond Points : 8 (Rs 8) Voting Score: 0|
I suggest your sister enrolls in courses that will help develop her personality. These courses may not be 'academic' in nature, but will definitely help improve her personality and will have long term benefits.
1. Course in personality development and soft skills – These courses are aimed at over all personality development and teach social etiquettes, including lessons in how to dress right, how to carry yourself, greet and speak to people etc. It is a great course because it readies you to face the world and instills a great deal of confidence in people.
2. Theatre workshop – A fantastic way to overcome shyness. These courses help you with voice modulation, so you learn to speak in a controlled voice; you speak clearly and are understood by people. You also develop good public speaking and communication skills.
3. Foreign language – Though 3 months maybe too short a time to learn a language, a start can be made. Knowing a foreign language is always advantageous as it also opens doors to newer opportunities in the work field.
4. Computers - If your sister is interested in science and computers then she can join a course in programming or language, alternatively if she is artistically inclined she can do a short course in animation.
5. Vedic Maths – If she is going to study Mathematics after her secondary school examination then a course in vedic maths can be of immense help.
Other choices that she can consider are lessons in music, craft, painting, singing and dancing etc. These might appear to be a waste of time, but believe you me, such art forms are known to boost creativity and increase self confidence. They are a great exercise to improve one's personality.
|Author: Kailash Kumar 14 Mar 2016 Member Level: Platinum Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
She should be exposed to the life of successful career women so that an interest in studies develop. Seriousness in studies is required for continuing studies. Passing tenth is nothing. One has to continue studies at least up to post graduate level , in case possible. She will have to realize the importance and significance of education. In case there are successful career women like doctors, engineers, managers etc. among family members or relatives , she should live with them for sometime during vacations for developing an interest in serious studies.
|Author: Karthikeyan 14 Mar 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 8 (Rs 8) Voting Score: 0|
There are many things can be learned in a time of 3 months. Exam holidays are one of the happiest time for students who worked hard all through out the year for exam preparation. You should give some ample time for your sister to take rest and relief her from exam stress. It is a good idea to utilize this time to learn something better. There are different kinds of summer camps organized at all the parts of our country. Most of the summer class programs are concentrate on only certain cities and certain group of people.
Below are some of the items which you can look out for this 3 months.
1. Plan for the future - It seems to be out of topic but u felt it is the major area you need to concentrate. As you mentioned that your sister not planned her higher studies, it is correct time to plan for her future. You have good 3 months to go through all the options and analysing the pros and cons of each course. It also good time to know the interest of you sister and plan accordingly.
2. Try some other language - I also iterates the point mentioned in previous response. Knowing another language always good for her future. It is the best time to start something new.
3. Swimming and martial arts - Swimming is very popular during summer holidays and it is important for everyone to learn swimming. Martial arts like karate and kung fo helps women to protect themselves during critical situations.
4. Designing - Designing has great future whatever the field it is. Your sister can try courses related to fashion designing.
|Author: Seema Shah 14 Mar 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 6 (Rs 6) Voting Score: 0|
Three months is a long time and needs to be effectively used. This is what I would suggest to her:
1. Develop a new hobby which interests you.
2. Find your strengths and weakness, many questionnaires available online
3. Register for some online course of choice
4. Join some sports activity of interest
5. Go for an adventure camp and meet new people, learn to take risks
6. Read some self help/ leadership books, autobiographies, fiction, depending on what interests you
7. Take daily walks with friends
8. Decide your career path, what you want to become later in life.
|Author: Adarsh kumar 20 Mar 2016 Member Level: Silver Points : 6 (Rs 6) Voting Score: 0|
Given below is a list of amazing and interesting activities and courses related to studies that are suitable for higher secondary students to get engaged in summer vacation.
1. Join IIT coaching classes.
2. Read class 11 textbooks briefly so as to have an idea of the level of toughness.
3. Play online GK games.
4. View online study tutorials.
5. Learn computer programming and other important basics of computer science.
6. Learn basics of fashion designing.
7. Attend spoken english classes.
8. Learn vedic mathematics.
Here are some activities that are to be carried along with studies.
1. Play the sports of your choice.
2. Learn dancing and singing.
3. Drawing and painting
Your sister can choose any activity of her choice and utilise her vacation.