|Author: Mahesh 13 Mar 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
Thigh area has more sweat compared to other areas. So it is obvious that where there is a lot of sweat and friction, the less hairs grow. Hairs can't stand much of the friction and sweat. So they eventually fall out from the skin. That is why even the sweat on the head region makes the hair fall out on regular basis. I think hair loss in such case is definitely possible and that is not any health issue.
I'd suggest you to visit the skin specialist first. These are not the symptoms of cancer or tumor. This looks more normal sweat friction issue. You may be asked to wear less heavy clothing.
I suggest you to visit normal physician first and then go for the skin specialist.
|Author: Juana 14 Mar 2016 Member Level: Diamond Points : 4 (Rs 4) Voting Score: 0|
Hair loss in the area around the groin can occur due to many reasons. The good news is that none of these reasons is life threatening – so do away with your fear of cancer or any other serious disease.
1. If the hair loss is accompanied by itching and/or tiny boils or lumps then you may be suffering from a fungal infection. Suggest you keep the area clean and dry and dust it with an antifungal powder that you can buy at any medical store. See a doctor if the problem persists.
2. The hair loss could also be because of your thighs rubbing together. Are you overweight or do you wear tight fitting clothes? If the answer to either of these questions is yes, then you have the answer.
3. You haven't mentioned how old you are. Hair loss occurs due to age too.
4. The hair loss could be a natural process where the hair has fallen after completing its life cycle. You will soon see new hair sprouting from the hair follicles.
Suggest you see a doctor if the hair loss is noticed in a wider area. Sometimes the hair loss can also be because of hormones. A simple test will reveal if your hormones are the culprit.
|Author: [Anonymous] 14 Mar 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 1 Voting Score: 0|
Well it's not groin area. As said it's area on middle front thigh region exactly below trouser pockets. Imagine area where you keep laptop on lap while sitting position. Hope this clears.
|Author: Adarsh kumar 23 Mar 2016 Member Level: Silver Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
As mentioned in the answers above hair loss near the thigh section can be due to a variety of reasons.
Some of the most common reasons are -
1. Friction between your thighs and undergarments. This can be reduced by applying moisturising creams.
2. It can be a candid or fungal infection if it is accompanied by itch. Use candid soap, keto powder or antifungal creams.
3. Our body regulates its temperature by releasing certain amount of sweat by loosing or growing hair.
4. Sudden change in growth hormones can also cause this.
Look out for hairfall in other body parts and consult a dermatologist for treatment.
|Author: Partha Kansabanik 23 Mar 2016 Member Level: Diamond Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
My suggestions are as under:-
(a) You should use good quality undergarments. And these undergarments should be regularly washed and properly dried.
(b) During bath, clean the area with soap.
(c) Dry the area properly after taking bath.
(d) Don't prick the boils in that area.
(e) Don't worry, this is a common problem among males.
(f) If the problem aggravates, visit a dermatologist. No need to go to a hair-specialist.