Ask Experts » Career Guidance » Teaching Jobs »

Query for state govt. job

Date: 12 Mar 2016    Group: Career Guidance    Category: Teaching Jobs   

I had a spelling mistake in my SSC (held on 2003) and HSC (held on 2005) results which I overlooked. My surname was misspelt. I wish to apply for a govt. job. What should I do to get my name corrected in the results?
Awaiting responses from experts.

Is your name misspelt in any certificates or marksheets? Worried about getting a state govt. job? On this page, experts shall provide you advice.

Author: Satinder Kaur Uppal    14 Mar 2016      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0


You just need to make two affidavits to SSC and HSC Board stating the mistake in your Name and the correct name.

Thereafter you need to apply to individual institutions/Board/University with the following documents:

1. Copy of Birth Certificate (attested)
2. Copy of SSC/HSC Certificate (attested)
3. Affidavit .



Author: Juana    15 Mar 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 5  (Rs 5)    Voting Score: 0

There are no standard rules for getting misprinted name and DOB etc rectified on SSC and HSC certificates. Every board has its own set of directives – hence it will be helpful if you can mention which education board issued these certificates to you.

For instance CBSE requires candidates to submit copies of the following documents –
1. Copy of admission form with your full name mentioned correctly in it. You can acuire the same from your school
2. Copy of TC issued by the school, with your full name on it
3. Copy of your name on the school roll

You will need to approach your school for all these documents. Since it has been over a decade finding the documents might take time. However, don't worry; schools generally maintain records of past students.

Once you obtain the documents have them attested by a class I gazette officer and submit to the board office. The board will initiate name change after verifying the veracity of the documents. It can take a few weeks.

I think most boards must follow the same process. Submitting Birth Certificate or any other document does not prove that it was you who cleared those examinations. Whereas, copies of school records are valid proofs that can be authenticated.

Author: [Anonymous]    16 Mar 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

Misspelt become common nowadays for few, these happens even when someone writes perfectly on the application form for any ID card or similar document. The one who typed at the back-end cracked or messed up everything which we ignore it or fail to take immediate steps on it.

Anyhow, it is not the issue. If you are urgently looking for a Govt job or there is no time to correct misspelling at the moment then no issue. Try to fill out the form with the same name as it has mentioned on the SSC and HSC marksheet etc. and proceed accordingly without missing the offer.

You may then later change or correct the name whenever you get the time even after employment. Time being you can use the same spelling as there is no issue for name-logy too. There is different process and requirement for name changing in every organization, so, enquire with them to know their requirement for changing it, and, proceed accordingly.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.