|Author: Juana 16 Mar 2016 Member Level: Diamond Points : 7 (Rs 7) Voting Score: 0|
A simple answer to your query is a resounding YES.
The All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT) is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education each year. You are eligible to appear for the exam for seats reserved under the All India quota where you will compete for 15% of the total seats. You also qualify to compete for seats that offered by your state, participating institutions and universities in other states and for admission into the prestigious Armed Forces Medical College.
The eligibility requirements are –
1. You must be an Indian national or an OCI
2. You must be17 years of age at the time of admission into an MBBS course
3. The upper age limit is 25 years
4. For candidates belonging to OBC/SC/ST category the upper age limit is relaxed by 5years
5. You should have qualified your senior secondary exam with Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Bio-technology and English as your main subjects with at least 50% as aggregate marks
6. Candidates belonging to OBC/SC/ST need to have secured at least 40% as aggregate marks
7. Candidates with physical disability of the lower limbs need to have secured 45% marks
|Author: Sheo Shankar Jha 16 Mar 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 6 (Rs 6) Voting Score: 0|
The following are the eligibility - criterias for All India Entrance Tests-
1) A candidate should have attained the minimum age of seventeen years in the month of December in the year when he / she is likely to appear for the test. The maximum age for the general candidates is twenty - five years and for the candidates other than general - categories has been pegged to thirty years.
2) The minimum qualifications for the entrance - test is the Intermediate - Examinatin conducted by the state - boards / CBSE/ ISC Examination.
3) The qualifying - marks for the the general candidates are minimum 60 percent where as for the other candidates such as SC/ ST and OBC candidates, the minimum marks have been recommended 50 percent.
4) Candidates must have passed the qualifying Examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology and the result of the same should have been declared prior to taking final admission in AIMS.
Foreign nationals are also eligible for the said test and for them a certain quotas are fixed by the committee. The other conditions remain the same other than marks which is minimum 50 percent for them.
|Author: Kailash Kumar 17 Mar 2016 Member Level: Platinum Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
Information bulletin regarding All India Pre-Medical/Pre-dental entrance Test can be downloaded free of cost from the website http://aipmt.nic.in/. It gives all requisite information very systematically including the eligibility criteria. The application has to be submitted online only and various concerned websites are to be monitored regularly. Therefore the students have to be self dependent in application process.
Specific answer to the query raised by the author is that, yes he is eligible to submit application. However due preparations will have to be done for clearing the examination also as there is no gain in merely submitting the application.