Can do MCA without 10+2 level ?

Date: 15 Mar 2016   Posted By: Nilav     Group: Education    Category: India Educational Consultants   

I am a second year student with science stream. I opted out Maths because my family wanted me to become a doctor. But, I am really good at maths. Can I do MCA without 10+2 level? I will be taking Maths on graduation level (BCA). Even without teachers, I can do all the Inverse trigonometry, differentiation, integration easily. Can I take MCA without 10+2 level Maths?
Awaiting advice from experts.

Interested in studying MCA? Want to know the entry level criteria? Check out responses from experts on this page.

Author: Juana    16 Mar 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

You are in luck.

The All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) changed the eligibility criteria to accommodate students like you, way back in 2012. According to the new norms eligible candidates should have qualified in Mathematics in the senior school examination (+2) or have studied mathematics as a subject in the undergraduate course.

Earlier, only those who had qualified in mathematics at the senior school level were eligible to apply in MCA courses.

Author: [Anonymous]    16 Mar 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Yes, you can do it since you said as "I will be taking Maths on graduation level (BCA)" - undergraduate, so, it matches one of the criteria for MCA admission, I mean without +2 level on maths.

Author: Mahesh    16 Mar 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

MCA is a masters level degree. And you can only do such degree if you have basic graduation degree. One you have any formal computer related or technical degree such BSC you can apply for MCA. The MCA has different criteria in every university for the application. Once you pass the entrance test you can finish the two year degree with it.

You can't do the MCA after 10+2. The reason being the degree is specific to the person who has basic graduation level. As some of the concepts in the MCA build upon the earlier mathematics and other similar subjects.

Author: [Anonymous]    16 Mar 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Yes, when you are allowed to pursue BCA, you are obviously eligible for MCA.
Both streams are same, the only difference is BCA if graduation degree and MCA is masters degree. If one is eligible for BCA, he is obviously eligible for MCA after successful completion of BCA.

There are many schools/institutes teaching elementary mathematics even if one select Physics, Chemistry and Biology as his optional subjects. If you were one among them, you will get the benefit of that during studies

Author: Sheo Shankar Jha    17 Mar 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

By passing 10+2, you cannot straightway take admission in MCA course. Either you have to pass B.Sc or BCA in order to be eligible for MCA course.
Since 2012, the criteria with respect to admission has been changed by AICTE and the new provision states that Mathematics should be one of subjects for the aspirant either in 10+2 level or in Graduation level. In case you take up Mathematics in BCA level, your condition for admission to MCA is being fulfilled.
In order to enhance your job - prospects, you should persue your MCA course from some distinguished institutes conducting campus - placement programmes allowing major IT companies to have interviews of the aspirants. These colleges conduct written and oral tests for the screening of eligible candidates. Mathematics, too, is included in the written test for admission to MCA level.

Author: Partha Kansabanik    17 Mar 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Very few academic institutions in India offer Integrated MCA course after X+II (with Mathematics). One of such institutions is BIT, Mesra. BIT offers 5 year (10 semesters) Integrated MCA Programme for all eligible class - XII pass-outs aspiring for a career in the IT industry. This programme is offered at BIT Lalpur (Ranchi City), Kolkata, Noida, Jaipur and Allahabad centres.