Ask Experts » Education » India Educational Consultants »

Procedure to apply for duplicate academic certificate and if valid for Govt job

Date: 16 Mar 2016   Posted By: heena     Group: Education    Category: India Educational Consultants   

I have lost my original certificates of 10th and 12th standard. I have applied for duplicate certificates. However, if I do not get the duplicate certificates, are the Xerox copies of these valid for getting a government job?

Wondering if duplicate academic certificates will be acceptable for a government job? Find out from experts.

Author: Juana    16 Mar 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 5  (Rs 5)    Voting Score: 0

Not clear whether you are looking for procedure to apply for duplicate certificates or have applied for them. The title asks for procedure while the body mentions you have already applied for duplicate certificates.

I suggest you visit the education board office and inquire about the status of your duplicate certificates. If required make a fresh application and take a copy of acknowledgement from the office. The office should be able to give you a time frame within which you can expect the duplicate certificates.

Coming to the government job - you can attach copies of the certificates while applying for the job, and the same are accepted. However, if you land the job you will have to submit the original certificates or duplicate copies of the same for verification. Some government offices keep the original certificates in their custody; until such time that a person leaves the job.

Go ahead and apply for the position you are interested in, meanwhile chase the education board office for your certificates.

Author: Madan Lal Mahato    16 Mar 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

I think you are not valid for any government job with only xerox document. Because that maybe fake. So friend I suggest you to you must take your duplicate documents from their respective regional office. For getting those document first you have to FIR of that documents in the nearest polish station which is lost from you after that collecting all the documents, FIR copy and with a application form you have to go the regional office and contact with them. I think that you have to fill up a form with the some suitable charges of that lost documents and after sometime that regional office send you that duplicate documents to your residential address or whatever address you have given.

Author: Purna Prasad Sharma    16 Mar 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

As you said that you have applied which means you have come through all process that require for application of duplicate certificate that you lost.You have log a FIR to the nearest police station and received an acklowledgement for registration of case and then applied to concerned authority with xerox copy of acknowledgement of case registration and duplicate xerox copy of the xerox copy of certificates that you have.

On physical verification of document in every government job if anyone failed to produce original document then he/she will not get job.

But in case of state government sometimes candidate may be able to get job under such circumtances only on the reference of concerned Deputy commissioner or circular officer but they must certified that your case is genuine.

Author: Kailash Kumar    17 Mar 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

The author should keep in mind two things clearly-
1. Original certificates are required for verification only after actually getting the job. Prior to that original certificates are not required and generally self attested copies of the documents serve the purpose. Therefore he/she must give his/her best in passing competitive examinations etc. by doing hard work.
2. Original documents are required in any case. Therefore the office where application is submitted should be personally visited repeatedly till the original certificates are finally obtained. The author should make personal efforts for obtaining original documents. Duplicate copies of the documents will serve the purpose if obtained in original.

Author: Mahesh    19 Mar 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

Duplicate certificate procedure varies from department. And so the procedure will be department specific. So you have to come up with a declaration on why you need the duplicate and other details.

Government jobs and offices don't allow the photocopy or the XEROX copies. They want you to present the real documents. You can use the laminated one if you want to keep it for longer time. In case of the documentation, you can give them xerox or the photocopies. In such case they ask you to get the documents attested from notary. And that also helps you for the giving out attested copies in government offices.

If it is for the job then surely this can be verified and given back to you. However not in all the cases you need to give the originals. So the photocopies are accepted as well.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.