Ask Experts » Education » India Educational Consultants »

Are two degrees of regular and distance valid?

Date: 16 Mar 2016    Group: Education    Category: India Educational Consultants   

I have completed BSc (full time, regular) from Gujarat University and diploma in Mechanical (distance learning).
Now I have got a job in the railways. They want proof that regular and distance course is valid. How to get this proof and from where?
Experts: do respond earnestly.

Wondering whether regular and distance degrees are valid for a govt. job? Find responses from experts on this page.

Author: Mahesh    17 Mar 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Both degrees are valid. However some employers ask for validation. So in such case you have to ask the what proof they need for validation. And you can get the proof of their choice. For example, regular course if done from the college or the university. In such case you can get college leaving certificate and enrollment certificate. Also the college can give in writing about the enrollment they had. So it's possible for regular course. In case of distance learning, you have to write to the lead staff member in distance education university. They can arrange such documentation for you. As such validation issues are common with distance education universities, you can definitely try to get such documents. Get them in original and keep them with yourself during job search.

Author: Kailash Kumar    17 Mar 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

There are two aspects of the issue. First is whether the institution which has issued degrees/diplomas are genuine and recognised by the competent authority and second aspect is whether the candidate had been a bonafide student of the concerned institutions and his/her degrees/diplomas are not fake. I think the first step should be to visit the website of the concerned college/university to find out their credentials. Generally such colleges/universities upload documents related to their recognition/approval etc. on their website. After being equipped with the information about the bonafides / genuineness of institutions, the same may be approached for a written document regarding the same which may be submitted as a proof to the concerned authorities.

Author: Sheo Shankar Jha    19 Mar 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

Both degrees are valid and in the former case, you can produce your college leaving certificate indicating the entire details such as duration of the course, session ( indicating the start and end of completion of course), college from where one studied and also the name of the university from where the degree was earned. Alternatively, in absence of your original - degree certificate, the mark - sheet released from the university - officials would indicate the registration no, your examination Roll No and centre from where you appeared for the degree Examination. Such documents give ample proof of your regular course.
In respect of your diploma course earned through the distance - learning, you can approach the officials of Board for the issuance of a certificate. The Board may provide you a provisional - certificate in absence of non- availability of the original - one.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    Online Members

    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.