Ask Experts » Education » India Educational Consultants »

Need guidance for part time B.E.

Date: 17 Mar 2016   Posted By: AkshaySalunkhe     Group: Education    Category: India Educational Consultants   

I have completed Diploma in Instrumentation Engineering in 2013-14 through MSBTE(Government Polytechnic Karad, Maharashtra). Till now I have 2 years industrial experience.Ii need to get B.E.certified for my further post increment and payment. Because of economic conditions I cannot study BE course as a regular student.
Experts: do provide guidance regarding par time BE.

Searching for information about part time BE degree? Find responses from experts on this page.

Author: Kailash Kumar    19 Mar 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

The author may visit and study the website of the Institution of Engineers in detail for detailed information about Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (AMIE) which is considered equivalent to a degree program in engineering. The industrial experience acquired so far will be counted as professional experience. The examination can be cleared in phases as per one's own convenience.

Author: Sheo Shankar Jha    19 Mar 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

If you have passion for further studies in Engineering, equivalent to B.E , you can start AMIE. This course comprise two section namely section A and Section B containing 17 papers altogether in each branch of Engineering and the examination is being held twice in a year ie in the month of June and December.
The papers can be cleared at your convenience. You may write your examination in as many papers as you want. Qualifying percentage in each paper is 50 percent. The main advantage of this examination is that you can prepare the same in your free time without having dislocation of your normal duty. You may join some coaching Institute just to facilitate your studies. Even there are plenty of helpful books in the market which would help you in your preparation.
Once you complete the course, you would be enjoying all the perks and fasciities what is available to a candidate having a B.E degree.

Author: Mahesh    20 Mar 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

You have few options to do the degrees such as :

1. Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (AMIE)
2. IETE (Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers)

These two options can be good if you are already employed and you want to move up the ladder. Do note that some of the course syllabus are similar to the leading universities. So you have to pick up with the exams and other on your own. There are usually lab classes for both of these. But it is expected that you know some with your industrial experience. ''

You have a diploma in instrumentation engineering. So it is wise to do the engineering in say electronics or communication from IETE. You can also check some other options from AMIE if you want.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.