|Author: Adarsh kumar 20 Mar 2016 Member Level: Silver Points : 4 (Rs 4) Voting Score: 0|
As per 2015 stats the longevity of Indian males is 67.3 years and for females it is 69.6 years. The longevity of a person can definitely be increased by taking certain precautions. Some of them I have listed below.
1. Avoid smoking and drinking.
2. Sleep for at least 8 hours at a stretch.
3. Avoid eating junk food and diet sodas.
4. Do physical exercise for minimum 30 minutes everyday.
5. Always be happy and cheerful which releases good hormones.
6. Taking multivitamins and supplements, because as time passes by the absorption power of intestines decreases. Taking these can help in normal functioning of body as these are absorbed easily.
* Apart from these you can make some points of your own and follow them everyday.
Coming to your next question I would like to explain a bit of biology. In both men and women the hormone responsible for core body functioning is testosterone. In women it is produced in less amounts and in men it is produced in greater amount compared to women. But this hormone is required in less quantity in women compared to men. When men become old their hormone production decreases dramatically and hence unable to meet the necessary requirements. Whereas in women the same amount is considered normal. This decrease in testosterone level decreases their immunity and power, hence resulting to early death compared to women.
Apart from this there are number of other factors like accidents, cancer, heart diseases and other known diseases that cause death at old age.
Answering your last question its a hands down yes, the same precautions are applied for both men and women.
Hope you got all your answers.
|Author: Venkiteswaran. 20 Mar 2016 Member Level: Diamond Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
As far as the exact time of birth and death is beyond the predictive control of humans, they will remain mystery and humans have to believe in God, Nature or whatever name it is, a Super power above all of us.
We see death happening at age of 5, 15, 50 or 80 or any age. That means there is a limitation and one cannot guarantee longevity. However observation, experimenting, research and analysis and review over a long period of many generations, it is believed that we can avoid fast damage and illness to the maximum extent.
We can compare body to a machine. Any machine will have its economical and utility life reasonably expected subject to certain prescribed conditions. So preventive maintenance, servicing periodically and using carefully as per prescribed guidelines and precautions will make the repairs fewer. Human body is also akin to a machine. Proper preventive maintenance can help smooth running. But still unexpected and unexplainable can happen. That small allowance we may leave to fate.
Indian system of Ayurveda has established and time tested ways of 'prevention and maintenance' of our body health.y
|Author: Partha Kansabanik 20 Mar 2016 Member Level: Diamond Points : 2 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
Leading a healthy and active life with no smoking/drinking, avoiding oily, junk food and regular exercise increases the quality of life. This is a general fact and is true anywhere and everywhere.
However, specifically it can't be stated whether leading active life would allow a particular person to live longer, or not, because nobody can know/predict his/her time and cause of death.
|Author: Sheo Shankar Jha 20 Mar 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 4 (Rs 4) Voting Score: 0|
Longevity can be enhanced irrespective of genders by following the following points-
1) Stress has to be avoided at all the cost since remaining in stressful situation for a prolonged time can give rise to Hypertension and Diabetes.
2) Enough rest preferably eight hours should be taken in night. This would relax the nerves of the body.
3) Adequate exercise such as vigorous walking in morning and evening hours for a period of thirty minutes, cycling, jogging and other similar light exercises should be carried out regularly.
4) Engage yourself for any constructive activity daily.
5) Include fruits such as Apples, Pomegranates, Ripe Papaya etc on daily basis. These fruits contain enough antioxidants and minerals to nourish our body. Citrus fruits such as Oranges and Lemons also enhance our immunity due to presence of abundant amount of vitamin- C apart from other valuable minerals.
6) A regular health - check up may reveal certain health disorder and a preventive measure may be taken accordingly.
7) We must take balanced meals containing Protiens, Carbohydrates etc.
8) Alcohol and Smoking have to be avoided at all the cost.
Changing the life - style would certainly improve our longevity.
We must rely upon Ayurveada and there are innumerable herbs such as Tulasi, Aswagandha and Goose - berry which enhance our longevity. In this context, an Ayurvedic - physician should be consulted.
Women - folks have two chromosomes XX, where as the males ones' have XY chromosomes in their genes meaning thereby the women have better immunity than their opposite partners. Women have better control of fungus, viral and bacterial - infection apart from better resistance to Cancer as a result of enhanced immunity.