Ask Experts » Computers » Software »

Searching for Outlook 2003: shortcut

Date: 19 Mar 2016   Posted By: Shashi Chopra     Group: Computers    Category: Software   

Unlike Outlook Express in XP, I cannot find a shortcut in Outlook 2003 running in Windows 7, for automatically moving to next folder which has unread mail. In outlook Express the shortcut was CTRL +J. Is there a keyboard shortcut in Outlook 2003 for moving to next folder containing any unread mail?
One more point. In outlook 2003, I have created many personal folders. I want to move Outbox to the top. How to do that? Move is greyed out on right clicking.

Have a query about Outlook 2003 shortcut? Find responses from experts on this page.

Author: [Anonymous]    22 Mar 2016      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

If you use Vista or Windows 7 You can also create a new shortcut to outlook.exe here it is Visit http://www.msoutlook.info/question/270

Author: Mahesh    23 Mar 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

In case you want to move to the next folder then this is the shortcut: [Ctrl]+Y. This short-key helps in navigating between the mails. This shortcut should work on Windows and Mac (in case with mac the combination is addition but Y key holds common).

Also if you want to move the mails in between the folder then you can use - Ctrl-Shift-V. And press "return' key to come back to the previous.

These two shortkeys can be used in Outlook 2013 and even earlier version.

Author: Shashi Chopra    06 Apr 2016      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 3    Voting Score: 0

I did not clarify properly. I have about 30 folders. Some may contain a few unread mails. If I am reading unread mail in say folder no 3 and then I want to go to the next folder say no 12 which has a few unread mails and so on, how to use a keyboard short cut for moving to the next folder containing unread mail. In XP the shortcut is Ctrl + J. Is there a similar shortcut in Outlook 2003?

Read related posts: Sea