|Author: Sheo Shankar Jha 23 Mar 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
Any TSH level beyond 4.0 is the essential requirement for maintenance of thyroid health and with the advancement of age there is a little relaxation of this parameter and under such condition TSH being 5.5 is considered as a normal condition.
Considering your case, TSH being 6.9 indicates a slight departure from the normal range. In the absence of Thyroud - medication, there is a chance of further surge of this level meaning thereby there will be gradual detoriation of this disorder.
It would be best on your part meet an Endicronologist for the correct prescription of the medicine. Normally Thyronorm is prescribed and the strength of the same is to be decided by the specialist. The medicine is to be taken early in the morning and you may take breakfast after half an hour consuming this medication.
There are certain herbs such as Kelp, Garlic are very benificial in Thyroid - disorder. Garlic contains Selenium which supports the Thyroid - level.
One table - spoon of Aple- cider Vinegar if taken regularly with slight warm - water regularly would improve hypothyroidism. Fish - oil capsules are also benificial in maintaining normal level of thyroid because of presence of womega 3 fatty acid in it apart from other benificial element.
|Author: Richita Dutta 23 Mar 2016 Member Level: Silver Points : 4 (Rs 4) Voting Score: 0|
Hypothyrodism, or low thyroid function, is a silent epidemic, according to many doctors. People can suffer for many years with symptoms which our medical systems doesn't know how to treat .
Also it is not rooted in a thyroid problem , but to an immune system gone awry.
But making changes in your diet plan can help you in treating hypothyrodism:-
1) Avoid havine caffeine intake or sugar, including refined carbohydrates such as flour as body treats it as sugar.
2) Up the intake of protein as it transports thyroid hormones to all your tissues and can normalize the thyroid function. It may include eggs, legumes, nuts, nut butter etc.
3) Also up your fat, as insufficient fat and cholesterol can cause hormonal imbalance. Food like olive oil, ghee, avacados, fish, yogurt, cottage cheese and coconut milk products can be beneficial.
4) Fish Oils are considered good for increasing thyroid hormone as it is rich in omega 3 fat and increase immunity.
5) Deficiency of Vitamin D can also be a cause for the disease. So stand in sunlight everyday and do some exercises such as walking outdoors.
But always consult a doctor before trying any remedy, as he is the one who can give you the best suggestion.