Ask Experts » Finance and Investments » Stock Market »

Want advice on archies stock

Date: 21 Mar 2016   Posted By: shailendra thakur     Group: Finance and Investments    Category: Stock Market   

I have bought Archies ltd 400 shares@26/-. Now Archies shares are consistently getting low. What should I do: sell it or hold it? I can hold the shares for 1-2 months only.
Awaiting advice from experts.

Worried about stock going low? Wondering whether to sell this stock? Find advice from experts on this page.

Author: Mahesh    25 Mar 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

If the shares are progressively getting low then you just have to wait if this is temporary. Based on the graphs on moneycontrol, I think the stock is not performing well last 2 years. And also there does not seem to be much improvement in their performance. It could be their business model or due to their performance in the market. If not then perhaps selling would be a good option. Set some stop loss amount and then sell it. If you can't hold much then the better option seems to be selling it.

Author: [Anonymous]    14 May 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

If you see the stock price of Archies Ltd on NSE, 52 week high is 34.30 and 52 Week low is 17.70

There is no specific movement in the stock price in past few years. Now a days the business model of companies like Archies are not attracting. No volume growth is seen in case of Archies. The reason is very simple. Earlier people use to purchase greetings on every occasion like New Year, Birth Day etc. But after launching social media like Facebook and app like whatsapp, people left old ideas of physical greetings card. Hope you have understood the meaning of it.

I would like to suggest you to exit from the stock, and enter into any potential stock like SBI, SCI, Jain Irrigation etc.