Ask Experts » Education » India Educational Consultants »

What is the procedure of Improvement Exams for M.Com ?

Date: 21 Mar 2016    Group: Education    Category: India Educational Consultants   

I am pursuing M.Com (external) from Gujarat University and have passed 3 semester and scored 45% (average of 3 sem). I need to score 55 % for qualifying in NET. Can I give my exam again for improvisation ? I had a word in the University but did not get proper response.
Experts: do assist in this query.

Interested in giving improvement exams? Looking out for the university rules? Check out responses from experts on this page.

Author: Sheo Shankar Jha    25 Mar 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Yes, you may appear for for all the semesters for the improvement of marks. You have to apply to the head of Department where you continued your studies and after the ultimate approval of the university official, yo can appear for the examination. However, you have to ensure whether the validity of the period is applicable to you or not. Some universities entertain applications for those who have acquired M.Com degree not exceeding five years of its declaration. Maximum chances for reappearing for improvement is three times and in case, the marks secured in the improvement test is lesser than the original one, the marks obtained under such case would be null and void. Supposing that one gets marks more than the earlier one, latest marks would be included for the computation of class.

Author: Juana    25 Mar 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 8  (Rs 8)    Voting Score: 0

The procedure followed at Veer Narmad South Gujarat University is described below -

Procedure for improving marks will involve making an application to your university intimating the authorities that you wish to surrender your mark sheet and want to opt for improvement of result. You will need to check with the university whether there is a prescribed form for this or a written application will suffice.

Since you have a semester system you can surrender either the mark sheet of both semesters of the previous year or just the last semester. This can be a little confusing, so I'll explain it with an example –

You can either improve the results of the third semester alone or all three semesters. You will not be allowed to pick only the first or second semester.

You cannot take re-admission and hope to better marks obtained internally, those marks stand as they are. You can only appear for external examinations.

You will be permitted to avail of this scheme just once. If you obtain passing marks you will not be permitted to reappear again. Only students who fail to clear the exam can surrender the result and reappear.

Further, there is a time limit within which you can surrender your marks. Please check with the university when the last date will be.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.