Ask Experts » Computers » Blog and websites »

How to fix PHP 2000 error while connecting Dreamweaver to MySQL database?

Date: 21 Mar 2016   Posted By: Anupam Shrivastava     Group: Computers    Category: Blog and websites   

I am making a minor project for my MCA 4th sem. I am designing a database driven website on PHP. I have installed WAMP server to host my website locally and also made the database on MySQL. Everything was going right until I tried connecting Dreamweaver to the database. Every time I tried to connect Dreamweaver to database I got an error -> php_network_getaddresses getaddrinfo failed no such host is known.

I googled about this error and some people asked me to remove "#" tag from the hosts file before 121.0.01 localhost line. But I am still facing the same error. I have created my website folder inside the www directory of WAMP server. My suite configuration is also correct but still I can't figure out why this error is occurring.

I am attaching the screenshots of my settings on Dreamweaver as well as the hosts file. Kindly check out these pictures and help me to fix this issue.

1
2
3
4
5

Awaiting solution from experts.

Having a problem connecting Dreamweaver to MySQL database? Searching for solutions to resolve this issue? Find suggestions from experts on this page.

Author: Mahesh    23 Mar 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

This error occurs due to many other reasons too. Sometimes it is because of the entry in the hosts file. And some of the time you have to set the PHP for the ENV variable in your path. If you do this then you my get rid of this error.

1. Go to Windows button > Properties > Environment Variables.
2. Create ENV key
3. Add path to PHP.exe if your WAMP
4. Save the path and close all dialogs.

This should solve the issue of the error. If not then stackoverflow is more suitable to answer this. Also do check if you are pointing to the HTDOCS directory.